PDA

View Full Version : The way back from Olds...

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 09:03 AM
I was in Glamis the 26-28 of Dec. and man did I have some fun... Not to busy but not empty... Ended up scratching my roof on the way back from olds duning the Avalanche... Might have been the liquid courage or just the Glamis fever but I was off-roading the truck and hit some tree branches I figured I would clear but didn't... Had fun anyways thou... I'll have sopme pics today or tomorrow...

Instinctz
01-02-2003, 10:47 AM
oops.... :D

CHAUNCY
01-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
I was in Glamis the 26-28 of Dec. and man did I have some fun... Not to busy but not empty... Ended up scratching my roof on the way back from olds duning the Avalanche... Might have been the liquid courage or just the Glamis fever but I was off-roading the truck and hit some tree branches I figured I would clear but didn't... Had fun anyways thou... I'll have sopme pics today or tomorrow...

Theres trees in glamis ???

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 11:41 AM
the only spot where there is trees is off sand highway going towards Olds hill...... I was lucky enough to find them....lol

CHAUNCY
01-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Str8Wicked
the only spot where there is trees is off sand highway going towards Olds hill...... I was lucky enough to find them....lol

lol

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 12:05 PM
Actually I was following a friends jeep who made it under the branches barely. My truck is way higher than his but it was to later and I was going way to fast to stop... The branches ended up barely scraping my hood (scratches came off with buffing), than shattered on my front windshield (thank god my windshield was cool) and scraped the roof int he front a little than shattered the rest of the branches on my roof rack and lights... One of the lights fell back but I just re adjusted them and they were fine...

But like my pops always says, don't off-road if you can't afford to repair what you break.... lol

On a better note I had tons of fun with my Avi and my 400.... Finally was able to mess around with my 400 the way I wanted to since I put on my exhaust and re jetted... God it was fun...

Ended up seeing a girl flip a bombader on herself at Olds the night of the 27th but she was fine except the fact that she pissed her pants..... WOOOOPS..... lol... Saw a banchee take a straight dive off a 30 ft high razor back and ended up getting put in the ambulance even thou the paramedics wanted to air lift him. Supposedly the helicoptor was to far away but I figure he must have had some major damage done... The banshee was friggin totalled from the tank forward... Go to show you it's always smart to look before you go.....

All in All I had a blast and am eithier going up the weekend of the 11th or the weekend of the 18th again....

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 05:09 PM
OK here's the first of a few pics from my trip Dec. 26-28

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 05:10 PM
Here's one of all my cousins and me in front of the Glamis Beach Store.... We spent all day looking for the beach water and found none... lol...... I'm with the gray tank top...

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 05:12 PM
OK one more of us in front of our camp when we got there it was freakin dead until friday the 27th when people started rolling in... It was all good riding thou...

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 05:13 PM
here's one of my Avi ...

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 05:15 PM
That was it.. I have some video of us racing up olds and doin other shizz.. as soon as I get it ready for the net I will get you guys the link.

own2424
01-02-2003, 05:17 PM
great pics...i like em. I didnt get to make it out to GLamis so I stayed at Buttercup all week! Ill have my pics up this weekend most likely

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 05:22 PM
cool cool. let me know if your gonna be out soon also cause I'm planning a trip eithier the llth or the 18th....

own2424
01-02-2003, 05:24 PM
NO more sand for me within the next year...:( !! My Uncle is moving from Yuma to Las Vegas...so Im selling my banshee. Hopefully, Ill get a chance to go to college down in AZ where I can be closer to the dunes!

Str8Wicked
01-02-2003, 05:33 PM
Well if your in Vegas you ain't gonna be far from Dumont... Like an hour drive if that....

own2424
01-02-2003, 06:00 PM
But there is nothing like IMperial!!!!
Haha..check out the Glamis store when I went! It was dead!

JOEX
01-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Str8Wicked,

Nice looking quad...neat and clean;)

Tell me about those side panels...what are they and where did you get them...
Is the rest of the plastic stock or aftermarket?

Joe

infantry317
01-03-2003, 08:04 AM
Wicked, that Avalanche is kick@ss!

Str8Wicked
01-03-2003, 08:40 AM
JoeX, they are Maier silver plastics. The rest of the yellow is stock. I had to cut new holes and slits into the Maier to make them work with the stock plastics but it did fine.

Thanks infantry317

Porkchop
01-03-2003, 07:32 PM
how much was the CT slip on? It looks good.. plus I like the fact that you can put a supertrapp end on it too..

Str8Wicked
01-06-2003, 08:50 AM
how much was the CT slip on? It looks good.. plus I like the fact that you can put a supertrapp end on it too..

I paid like 125 on E-bay but I do not have the supertrap ends or spark arrestor which I need to get from CT. I went out this weekend to a local spot and they denied the entrance of my 400 since it didn't have a spark arrestor so it was a hassel but I guess they were gonna catch it sooner or later...