PDA

View Full Version : ds 90 x

cliner
05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
I bought my son a ds 90 x this weekend and unfortunatly i didnt find this forum until afterwards. We dont race yet but he rides the trails pretty hard and this thang is just guttless any ideas on how to make a good trail quad ot of this

kris32775
05-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi we have a fully built ds90x. that is more than capable of running with any quad in the woods. It all depends on how much you want to spend. if you are going to race or just joy ride. we race motocross and we can run top 5 in our class no problem. should be able to move up a place or two after a couple of changes. let me know what you are planning on doing we can try to steer you in the right direction.

cliner
05-05-2009, 05:15 PM
i was thanking about putting on a pipe and maybe a cdi box the quad only has two or three hours on it and today my son was riding it around the yard and the case saver busted off and im not sure why the chain didnt come off and seems to be adjusted about right it actually busted the case when it came off hopefully the dealer will make it right

kris32775
05-05-2009, 06:06 PM
We did that as well at first. it does help. you also will gain power with doing the clutches. clutching is very important on the cvt's. Make a game plan on exactly what you want out of the bike, you may find that some of the stuff you buy now may not work later on. we ran into that problem.

cliner
05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
well we dont plan on racing for atleast two more years but my kid does ride pretty decent for a little guy I know we need a lot more low and mid range and a little more top end would be nice were we ride there are some fairly large hills and some feilds with some long straights. We would gladly except any advice

kris32775
05-05-2009, 08:04 PM
For just average trail ridind I would suggest getting a pipe,larger carb at least a 24 and doing your clutch. We run a modified version of heitricks. Then you would be able to go into head porting,cam and larger cylinder. The cdi is ok but I think you only get 1000 rpm gain. They do make an adjustable one, but I think a pvl ignition is better for over all tuning. That will wake the bike up a lot about.also if you decide I do have some parts that we no longer use. Cdi, 26 mm carb maybe a larger cylinder and piston and I think a fully ported head less some parts. If your interested.

cliner
05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
how will this effect the over all dependability of the bike and i may be interested in the parts who do you recomend for a pipe ive always had quads but ive never raced so i dont have much experience building one

kris32775
05-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Dependibility is only as good as your maintance. A built motor will need more maintaince.the only problem we have is that our electic starter is not strong enough. We run a lot of compreesion so its hard on the starter. It will fire up on the first or second kick though.I have to start it my son can't do it. As for pipes. We have hetricks or maximum rpms there the same. I think white brothers or fmf make one now. Just make sure the head pipe is large. The more air you get out the more fuel you can pull in.

cliner
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I was thanking of going with maxrpm ive seen a lot of people on here say great things about them

poorman
05-06-2009, 04:38 AM
I just installed the RPM Pipe,CDI box andclutch kit. It is available from Hetrick racing as there power up kit for the DS90. It seems to have some good performance gains but we have yet to get it out to the track for any kind of testing.

05-17-2009, 10:19 PM
I maybe able to help you. How many teeth on your front sprocket? How many teeth on your rear sprocket? They all have them written on the sprocket. Might sound like dumb questions but I bought my sons DS-90 and I could WALK FASTER then it went. Now (for under $200.00) it goes 39 mph. These things can rock and roll, I ride a wheelie but "they" want (people who answer you) to spend tons of money to do it. I can gain more HP but he is only 4. He dont need no more at this time. Oh, what size rear tires also. This all comes into play. I have found NO good advise on this site. Just stupid comments from wanna-be's that want to make money off a person RATHER THAN TELLING THEM HOW TO FIX YOUR WHEELER. Mine went from walking speed, to 39 mph, and I can go more. I am sure I am going to get ALOT of negative responses but if I do, LET IT BE KNOWN I will let everything I know about these wheelers go for FREE, WITHOUT A PROFIT. Cause it is all about our kids riding and having the most fun they can have. Not MONEY....................

cliner
05-18-2009, 12:32 AM
I agree it is all about are kids learning to ride and having fun!!!!
Right now the machine is all stock i dont want to do any thing to it untill we get it broke in and the dealer gets it to stop leaking oil I thanks i never thought about the sprockets

kris32775
05-18-2009, 08:22 AM
hey let us know about free horsepower. is it magic. also anyone can gear a bike to go faster (higher top speed) but can you us that in real world riding. when you can get close to 1 to 1 and ride it anywhere let me know becouse that is not free.

cliner
05-18-2009, 11:08 AM
gearing alone will not solve my problem but it could help a little