PDA

View Full Version : no way to mount a case saver!! what now?!?

400exrider_88
05-04-2009, 05:55 PM
i was riding the other day and my chain came off, to get it back on, i had to take off the chain gaurd/case saver. the 2 bolts holding it on broke with no way to get out the remaining thread.
what do i do now, i do not want to run without a case saver?

ideas- sell or part out
part out motor and buy newer 400ex motor or 450r motor- is this possible?

btw, this motor is a 426 wiesco 11:1 hi compression, with a barnett clutch its fast and will smoke my buddys stock ex
how much would this motor part out for, and how much would a used 450r/400ex motor cost?

hondaking52
05-04-2009, 06:48 PM
honestly, i would just take some time and get the 2 bolts out...

Kevslatvin
05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
I have a similar problem. I'm case saverless at the moment, but only one on my holes has a broken bolt in it. Was like it when I bought it. They make things to remove broken screws/bolts with. I think some are called easy outs most auto parts stores have them and Sears sells some nice ones. I would try that. Sad part about me is I have some I've just not got around to trying to get it out.

RNCC400EX
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
Removing broken bolts is quit simple. Drill a small hole through the center of it and use an EZ Out to remove it. Bigger bolts are easier to do this to in my opinion, but I definately wouldn't get rid of a motor because of a broken bolt.

Keep in mind that you don't want to drill through the back of the bolt and into the case.