PDA

View Full Version : was given a DRX 90 that's missing the tranny.. NEEd help

86trizinger
05-04-2009, 05:38 PM
I was given a DRX 90 for my youngest son.. Its a dual arm air cooled 90.. It was missing the transmission and side cover.. But had brand new Blue label wheels and holeshots on it all the way around. They told me it wouldn't run..

I swapped a battery in it.. plugged in a few wires and it started up on the first crank. Now I need to figure out what I need to get it back together for the transmission side of it. It has a variator on the engine. But the transmission and shaft is missing totally.

I was wondering what parts I would need or if I could part out the KASEA 50 transmission and toss it in there for the time being just so he can learn.. He will not be racing it yet, not even jumps . Just around my parents farm.

If anyone has any input on what to swap over that would be great.

Thanks
Chris

rmuscle
05-05-2009, 05:34 AM
dont hold me to it , but i think u can use the kasea tranny gears , but i think u need to also use the sprocket from the kasea. not sure how well 50 gears would work in 90 but just to put around it might work. but once again dont hold me to that.

05-05-2009, 06:47 AM
They will work 86 all the motors are the same except for the 05 dinlis so yes put them in there.

86trizinger
05-06-2009, 06:49 AM
How do I figure out what belt i need? Is there any formula to measure it with.

WOLFPACK
05-06-2009, 05:33 PM
The Main (drive) gear will work but the secondary gear (smaller one) likely will not because the bearing in the case is smaller on the 50/70.

Right belt? This is subjective really. Everyone has thier favorite belt to go with thier favorite clutching set up. Likely the belt you have in the Kasea will make it move although it may not be ideal.

The Clutch will transfer over as well but will have a very low stall.

Possibly the best answer for you is to contact your nearest DRR dealer and get the correct parts for the application.

86trizinger
05-06-2009, 05:51 PM
According to the parts diagrams I checked.. The bearing are are the same.. I am going to disassemble them tonight and see I guess..

As far as the clutch stall is.. I have another clutch for it as well as some extra springs laying around.....

I don't have money to put new parts in right now.. due to an injury and going back to school.. This is something for both me and him to learn on without much money.

Thanks for everyones input.. Ill post how it goes.

86trizinger
05-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Forgot to add.. If anyone needs any video editing work or digital video photo albums work in exchange for parts please let me know..

I can do anything from fully creating a movie with your video footage or from still images.. Plus I can do some logo designs as well.. What ever I can do to get both of my sons into racing I am up for it.

86trizinger
05-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Got the Kasea 50 tranny apart and put it in DRX 90.. Perfect fit.. I still have to get a gasket for it though and a snap ring to hold the output gear in place.

It has 13/36 gear ratio.. Not sure how that will effect it.. but its just temporary till he can ride it fully.

Any recommendations on oil?

WOLFPACK
05-06-2009, 07:05 PM
If he's just going to be running it around the farm you can use a 80/90 gear oil from the parts store. People on here that race recommend Amsoil.

You can order that gasket from your local Polaris dealer (same as the Predator 90 pre-05).

Local ACE Hardware should have a snap ring for ya.

ENJOY!

86trizinger
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Any idea what size snap ring that it??

Mine was bent from previous owner rebuilding it. So I can't take it to match it up.

WOLFPACK
05-07-2009, 04:52 AM
It is a 20mm clip.

86trizinger
05-07-2009, 06:36 PM
I got the clip today.. When I took apart the Kasea engine.. It had a brand new clutch and belt on it.. So for $6 I got the trans fixed.. Now I need a ignition switch with key.. My switch is messed up. Also need a stock chain tensioner roller.

05-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Now I have both of then key and switch

WOLFPACK
05-08-2009, 04:48 AM
I have a universal tensioner.

Not sure what a Kasea tensioner looks like but I have a ton of parts so if you post a pick I may be able to come up with one.

Shane

86trizinger
05-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Its a DRR .. only thing Kasea now is the gears.. I need DRR chain tensioner.

Thanks

86trizinger
05-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Well I got it running... the gears made the top speed a little low.. BUt it was really great for trail riding. But I am going to take the side cover back off and make sure the belt has full travel. That may be it.

No I just need the key switch and the chain tensioner..

mudder700
05-11-2009, 07:01 PM
I have a stock tensioner for a DRR, pm me