PDA

View Full Version : electric problems

250racer2010
05-04-2009, 05:09 PM
my kfx 450r iv owned for about 6 months and its been running good but iv had electrical problems with it lately last week my rollover sensor went bad and wouldnt start. I raced it this weekend and made about half a lap then it was spitting and sputterin then the overheat light came on then on the next corner it died. It wont start now, i think there is a short in the ignition system somewhere. If anyone can help me with this problem i would be very thankful.

BEARAZZ
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
look at the wires coming out of your roll over switch. about an inch from the plug going into your roll over switch i have seen the wires rub the frame and get really small spots in the wires and grounding it out. make sure you have good light and look real close it will be kinda hard to see. If thats not it then i would say to start stripping your harness and checking there . I know a guy that had his harness melt down also. Hope this helps

suzukiracer3
10-28-2009, 04:57 PM
hey...i had my kawi for a while now, i also had my entire harness built as a race harness. which elminates all the bull(not starting) that you do not need. i race every weekend and ride three times a week, have had not ONE problem with starting at all. Dave from DRT ATV, in MA did mine and it is awesome. give him a call and send it out it was way worth it, got it back in no time. 1-603-396-6835.

JParisi48
10-28-2009, 06:09 PM
yea dave is good, it is cheap too, and check all of your fuses. and zip tie the roll over sensor down!!