PDA

View Full Version : G-Force Rear Aluminum Wheel Spacer

slocalduner
05-04-2009, 02:09 PM
What do you guys think a bout wheel spacers?? and does any have pics?

thanks

bigd's ex
05-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Most riders say no to the spacers, because of the extra stress that they put on your axle & bearings while riding on an mx track. I have a set of G Force rear spacers on mine & personally I like em, but I ride alot of trails & don't do alot of jumping so I don't see as much of a stress facture. If I ever go to the track I'll take em off. I do like the handling you get with the extra width. IMOA I would say, if there for the trails yea, if there for the track nay. If you only ride track invest in a good adjustable axle & aarms. Just my 2 cents.

Ethan Anderson
05-05-2009, 11:28 AM
What about the g-force extended rear hubs? Are they supposed to be any good?

bigd's ex
05-05-2009, 01:42 PM
As I said in my reply I run the G-Force hubs & like them for trails, not for mx.

Ethan Anderson
05-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I thought the question was on spacers, not hubs?

Ethan Anderson
05-05-2009, 02:14 PM
You replied that you use the spacers. These are not longer hubs.

bigd's ex
05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
My bad, I meant hubs. I did say spacers did'nt I. Thanks for the correction.

honda400ex2003
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
i also run the hubs on the trails and like them, i just take them off when i mx. it works out good as long as you keep the stockers close and have tires. on each set of hubs. I left me stockers on the g force for the trails and had the razrs on the stock hubs for mx. Steve

triple b
05-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Wobble Wobble Wobble

Just bought a set with the new steel spine press in insert and with I followed the directions I could not get the coder pin back in. I had to remove the out side washer to get it to work.

Did I mention they Wooble

I am going to call RM atv and send them back and try another set. If that does not work I will most likely spend another $100 and just get the G-Force axel.

Ethan Anderson
05-06-2009, 02:27 PM
That sucks! Let me know what you find out. I was thinking about getting a set but if they don't work that great I will stick to stock.

Moto Pro472
05-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Anytime you widen your rear end with either the spacers or an axle you are putting more stress on you bearing carrier. That's why most people who replace the axles replace the carrier to a dual row carrier.

As for the hubs i've heard good and bad things about them but I would not use them for motocross. I also would not replace the axle without replacing the carrier as well. Seems kind of pointless to not replace it while you have it apart.

triple b
05-06-2009, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Ethan Anderson
That sucks! Let me know what you find out. I was thinking about getting a set but if they don't work that great I will stick to stock.

It will be a while......The quad lives at my in-laws vacation house. Next time we are out there I will swap the hubs back to the stockers and give RM ATV a call.

Originally posted by Moto Pro472
Anytime you widen your rear end with either the spacers or an axle you are putting more stress on you bearing carrier. That's why most people who replace the axles replace the carrier to a dual row carrier.

As for the hubs i've heard good and bad things about them but I would not use them for motocross. I also would not replace the axle without replacing the carrier as well. Seems kind of pointless to not replace it while you have it apart.

This quad is ridden by my 70 year old father-in-law......3rd gear is a rare occurrence. His/my goal is a stable, plush, reliable desert ride.

But thanks for the carrier advice.....I did not know that was an issue......keeping with the "reliable" theme I will look into it if we end up with a new axel.

honda400ex2003
05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Then they will work great. steve