PDA

View Full Version : Houser Trictrak

ccdhowell
05-04-2009, 01:27 PM
I just ordered a set of Houser Pro series arms for my '07 Raptor 700 that I race XC with. I didn't get the Trictrk upgrade just yet, but I like the idea of it.

Does anyone run the trictrak setup, and if so, what do you think of it?

More importantly, does anyone run it for XC racing?

Scro
05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
The pro's in the GNCC are running the tric-trac uppers on the new 09 YFZ's. I wouldn't run it, personally. Any kind of mud and grit would get in there very easily, and do all kind of damage, very quickly. Pro's don't have to worry about that. They just make a phone call and have another set the next day.

ccdhowell
05-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Those were sorta my ideas, but seeing them on the new YFZ-R this past weekend made me ask the question. I love my Raptor, but I have never been happy with it's turning ability. It has always needed something. If you run little positive caster to make it turn good at low speed, it gets squirrelly at high speed and vise-versa, thinking the trictrak would allow me to run more positive caster and still turn good in the woods.

It is costly too, I guess I'll keep searching for that sweet-spot on my Raptor instead of buying more trouble.

kbass24emtp
05-06-2009, 09:37 AM
You could get a steering stabilizer to help. I run some positive camber on my 450R and with the stabilizer its not twitchy at all.

ccdhowell
05-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by kbass24emtp
You could get a steering stabilizer to help. I run some positive camber on my 450R and with the stabilizer its not twitchy at all.

I have a stabilizer, good idea tho to turn-up the stiffness and run less positive caster.

kbass24emtp
05-07-2009, 10:53 AM
Hope it works out for ya. I know if I set my caster where the book suggested, it would not turn sharp at all. It a little twitchy in a straight line but I can live with it. It still could use some help on turning sharp, might have to grind down the steering stem stops some.