PDA

View Full Version : NW Pa or SW NY?

panteramatt
05-04-2009, 11:11 AM
I have a cabin in SW NY in Allegany county and am looking for some spots to ride my quads. Foung lost trails so far in Rew but are there any others? Really sucks to have all of this land around there for snowmobiles but NONE for atvs!

cliner
06-27-2009, 08:25 PM
I live in allegany county also and there are not too many places to ride legally around here just past rew is majestic trails but that may be the same place you found already there are some dice runs in the area but im having a hard time finding info on them

panteramatt
06-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Yea I saw the majestic trails. Imk goin to try them out. I have TONS of snowmobile trails all around my cabin that I rode on and they are GREAT but I know its not legal. How stict are they about ridin on them and whats the fine if I get caught?

cliner
06-28-2009, 07:21 AM
they are pretty touchy when it comes to snomobile trails but alot of it depends on the land owner some are ok but most are uptight and the state land is a no no Im not sure of the fine yet lol
Majestic is a decent place to ride the the people there are real friendly also you can go to www.atvtraction.com they have links to places to ride mostly in pa though and most of those spots you have to be registered and insured

panteramatt
06-28-2009, 07:45 AM
The link dont work for me. Do you ride snowmobiles?

cliner
06-28-2009, 09:09 AM
I dont know how to post a link but if you put in in your browser it should work. I used to ride sleds but we dont get enough snow so Ive just been riding quads. We went on a dice run yesterday in Ulyses pa and it was great Im trying to find more and if I do Ill post them

panteramatt
06-28-2009, 02:22 PM
You dont get enough snow in Allegany county NY? What town are you in? It snowed at my cabin in september before!

cliner
06-28-2009, 05:13 PM
I live in Belmont and yeah we get sno but not usually enough to ride. we get about 3 weeks of good riding usually some times more

panteramatt
09-22-2009, 11:10 AM
ttt

panteramatt
10-10-2009, 06:15 AM
ttt

panteramatt
10-10-2009, 06:22 AM
ttt

JRsbruteforce
10-10-2009, 07:07 AM
They have trails all over the Allegheny forest. I have been on some of them last yr and they are pretty well groomed. Your also allowed to camp all along there. They are closed now till next spring. but here is the info.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/allegheny/recreation/atv_trails/

Majestic is the only place open yr round.

Also in Marienville they do an event called Tour de forest. I did it last May with some friends, The trails are mostly fire roads, but there are some decient trails in there as well. Its a Poker run to bennifit the local firehall. We put over 100miles on our quad that weekend. There are LOTS of places to ride in NW pa or WNY, you just have to look. I live in buffalo NY and belong to a club here, We have just over 20 miles of legal riding trails here. We are also working on getting more trails.

panteramatt
10-10-2009, 07:16 AM
I have been loookin for 3 years now. The only place I fopund near my cabin was the majestic trails which I plan on visiting soon. I cant ride the state forest as me nor any of my friends have our quads registered. Really sucks cause my cabin is in the middle of TONS of snowmobile trails but you cant ride atvs on them. So I just bought 2 snowmobiles!!!

JRsbruteforce
10-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Well you'll have to have your quad registered for Majestic to ride there too. If ya spent all that $ on your machine, Just spent the extra $10 to register it for the yr.(thats how much it is in NY) You will also have to register and insure your sled to ride those Snowmobile trails And the cops are Always out in the winter looking for those who are not. Either way you will have to register anything you put on the trails.

panteramatt
10-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Yea Im fully aware of registering my snowmobiles just tryin to find out how being out of state. Also, can I register my quad to NY living in NJ?

JRsbruteforce
10-10-2009, 07:40 AM
not sure about that.. You have to register your ATV/Sled in the state you live in.. However All states accept your Registerstration no matter what state its registered in. Just as long as its registered. I see people from Ohio all the time who have there registration from there and they are fine. They just care that you have it registered. Good luck.

rbm300ex
10-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Re: Majestic Trails
Ive ridden there as both a member & day rider and with several buddies and have never been asked or checked if atv is registered & have not heard of others being asked/checked.

It is a nice place to ride & we usually go several times thru-out the year.

Enjoy.

Randy

JRsbruteforce
10-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by rbm300ex
Re: Majestic Trails
Ive ridden there as both a member & day rider and with several buddies and have never been asked or checked if atv is registered & have not heard of others being asked/checked.

It is a nice place to ride & we usually go several times thru-out the year.

Enjoy.

Randy

No one has ever asked me neither, but thats one of the things thats on their policys. I guess if they happen to have some law enforcement out there. You could get introuble. I have had a few friends of mine who have NEVER registered their machines and have rode there many times and got away with it.

GoldenRider450r
10-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by cliner
I dont know how to post a link but if you put in in your browser it should work. I used to ride sleds but we dont get enough snow so Ive just been riding quads. We went on a dice run yesterday in Ulyses pa and it was great Im trying to find more and if I do Ill post them

Im pretty sure i was at that same dice run. Was it at Bailey Hill and was it muddy as hell?

450Rfun
10-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Just call Tom or Brenda at Majestic. They will probably tell you get your but over here and ride. Registerd or not. Be careful on the water bars. John

panteramatt
05-07-2010, 02:48 PM
anyone else?