PDA

View Full Version : Honda TRX350FM towing

dennisd
05-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I tried posting this in the Foreman/Rancher forum but no one even looked at the post. Hope I won't get into trouble with the moderators.

Anyway, can anyone tell me the rated towing capacity of my '03 TRX350FM? I just bought the machine used and the label is gone from the hitch. The machine feels pretty strong :muscle: but I don't want to over do it. Thinking about getting some of the Swisher or Kolpin equipment. Any input on this equipment would be appreciated also.

trick450r
05-04-2009, 08:48 AM
im not sure about that machine specifically, but i used to jockey my 20 ft thule enclosed trailer around my driveway with my kodiak which is about the same size, the trailer was prolly a ton with the stuff in it and the quad moved it fine. however im sure it was overloaded.

S.A.J
05-04-2009, 09:25 AM
We used to have one of them foreman 500's which is bigger but i hauled a 16ft trailer with a couple tons of scrap iron mostly i-beams around but then you gota watch with braking,it'll haul it but its a 500lbs(aprox.)trying to stop a couple thousand pounds rolling at 25-35mph...Ive also had about or over 1000lbs combined on the front and back racks and me on there(130lbs)were your only sposed to have mayb 250lbs if that i think its less then that.but then it was almost bottomed out front and back...We used to work them really really hard but if we woulda gone by the weight sugestions on the quad the quad would have been practicaly useless...

dennisd
05-04-2009, 10:20 AM
OK, sounds like everyone really overworks these machines.:eek2: :D

I just ordered the Swisher quick change mount system, front dump bucket and rear grader blade. This is what I bought the machine for so I guess I'll work it also (but try not to overwork too much).