PDA

View Full Version : yfz starting problem

stony1
05-03-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm having a problem with starting my 04 yfz 450. The problem started slowy every now and then. When i push the start button it have a delay even to turn the motor over. Now last weekend the night before the ixcr race it would not turn over at all. My buddy and me work on it for 4 hours. Then we found out it takes 12.8 volts before the starter solenoid would open we had 12.5. So they we hooks the battery charger up to it and it fired right up. I raced the whole next day at ixcr. in the 2 hours i raced i had to start it like 4 times because i got stuck. Everytime it had a long delay but it fired up. The day after the race and now i having the same problem. But it will not even try to turn over even with the charger on it. I just does nothing. I know the motor runs great. I even jumped the starter button. I here the soleniod click when i turn the key on. It must be a ground or something but i can't see anything. when the starter desides to turn over i fires up very fast. Can this be the starter or the soleniod playing games with me?

banker30
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
your starter is bad. just had the same problem on mine. somtimes it would start right up other times it would turn over slow or just click. put on a new starter and she starts like a champ.