PDA

View Full Version : anyone racing the 450R in the woods?

blackYFZ450
05-03-2009, 10:11 AM
just wondering if anyone is racing the yfz 450R in the woods? and how they are holding up? wondering if 4+1 wheels on the front would fit to narrow the quad down?? or would the wheels make the bike handle awful? thanks

09RhoadzieYFZ-R
05-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I just got back from a local event In Ohio called "Rumble on the Ridge" which is a 20 some mile local XC type track and the quad performed amazing. I figured it would of got stuck everywhere but I found my self passing up woods ready 450s and utility quads. I think my brother and I were the only 2 motocross quads there too. The EFI system and suspension made it very easy to ride all day. I never got Yama thumb or fatigue. If someone were to take the quad and narrow it for the woods I believe it would perform even better. very comfortable and powerful through the woods! just my 2 cents

RATPACK Z400
05-03-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats the one thing I dont understand ,you look at TV at them racing though woods that dont seem as tight as everybody says they are you can see they got at least a ft or so more room to go in the tight spots .I ride tight trails with 50in width allday no problems ,it would be better IMO if they widen the trails in the real tight spots for the GNNC and run 50in quads be faster/more exciting races 46-47in quads tip too much IMO much more fun racing though woods with 50ins.you would take great handling away by shorting width!

iwannaride202
05-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Gncc's are mostly decently wide...but theres a lot of local tracks around here that you would have a super hard time getting a 50 inch quad through...and if they widened the track much more in gncc they might as well call it motocross...theres a reason its called cross country