PDA

View Full Version : uh... whats goin on...

woodsracer144
05-02-2009, 10:14 PM
ok so any body else ever feel like this? i have as close to a totally race ready quad as i've ever been a totally built 250r chassis a-arms LT shocks built motor all that and i'm not even happy with it... the day i got it i was just as happy as can be i couldnt get over the fact that i had a ful race ready 250r... i still love the quad but somethings missin... like when i ride now... its not even fun anymore... im bore as all hell... my motor is no where where is should be its boggy alittle on the low end... but i think its more of a top end set up...

any one else ever feel like this?

heres a pic of what im rollin on... when i got it...

woodsracer144
05-02-2009, 10:15 PM
now.. i have a another set of orange rear fenders with a black seat cover... i took those plastics off because they came from back in the day and they are mint... this quad was bob linds 2003 race quad...

lonnie1977
05-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Jump on a stock quad for a while then back on yours. You get used to the power and handleing and is becomes routine to ride it.

TCracin440ex
05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
might not want to hear this but put a crf motor in it

hypersnyper6947
05-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Looks pretty sick to me, drop the front sprocket 1 tooth that should give some more balls down low. I do feel like this some times too.

suck my pipe
05-03-2009, 01:12 AM
I was going to suggest a sprocket change also. Have you rode a 450? I am in love with my LTR Never a dull moment.

wilkin250r
05-03-2009, 03:14 AM
I gotta say, I've never been there, never felt like that. I LOVE riding, anthing. Even after riding my 340PV, I can still jump on a bone-stock 250X and have a ball!!

Really, the only time I ever get bored is when I'm riding some combo that just doesn't work, and then it's not so much boredom as it is frustration. My 340 hates tight trails and rocks, it gets angry, it bogs, sputters, and I can't open it up to let it clean itself out without endangering myself because of the terrain, or losing the rest of my party. It's like trying to ride a utility quad on a motocross track, it just doesn't work, it's frustrating.

But bored with the quad? Never been there, I love it.

KevinAb
05-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
[B]I gotta say, I've never been there, never felt like that. I LOVE riding, anthing. Even after riding my 340PV, I can still jump on a bone-stock 250X and have a ball!!

Same here. About 5 years ago, I hadn't riden anything in years. I ran across a guy selling a little 8hp gocart with balloon tires and bought it for $200. It was a POS, but we found some trails behind my bros place, and we were OUT THERE. After a few months, my bro bought a 250 Recon and thats how we rolled. We both have nicer rides now, but we had just as much fun then as now.

Still have that old gocart too. It's pretty beat from all the abuse we gave it, but we're gonna fix it up for the kids.

woodsracer144
05-03-2009, 09:25 AM
I went down a tooth on the rear sprocket and put 18s
On it now...

I've been thinkin alot about puttin a 4poke in there but it's way more to work rebuild... I would like to be able do a swap from a250r to a 426 or 450.... It might have to deal with the bs at school... I just had prom and it was a total joke..

I've been told that the motor I have I could make it be awsome but what do you do to it?

buck440
05-03-2009, 09:44 AM
a shiny pipe wouldn't hurt:confused:

woodsracer144
05-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by buck440
a shiny pipe wouldn't hurt:confused:

I'll see what I can do...

voodoochassis
05-03-2009, 10:44 AM
what engine is it,like bore,stroke,cylinder,head...?
drop the front sprocket tooth for more bottom end..and making a pipe change wouldn't hurt..also check jetting on carb..hit me up on a pm thanks..

woodsracer144
05-03-2009, 11:55 AM
the motor is port and polished by LRD im running LRD's exhaust.... i think its the big bore pipe from them... and i have a boyseen rad valve... PWK 38mm and theres a factory 304 sound scilencer on it from pro circut... i hate mix maching exhaust systems and stuff... i like it all LRD or PT but my LRD scilencer is missing the center part of it to repack it...
as far as a bore and strok im un sure.. it was a support team motor from duncan and they had a PC2000 on it but took it off before i got it so i wasnt able to use it... so right now i have a stock cyl... heres a pic of it...

S.A.J
05-03-2009, 01:49 PM
I feel baisicly the same way...If id get to go to races and race and stuff then i prolly wouldnt be bored but i got a blacktop to ride on and thats about it,mayb once every 2weeks or 3weeks i get to ride somewhere diferent...Im sick/bored quad thats why im trying to get rid of it,and that way i can start saving for my future when i get married and stuff instead of shoving it allll in my quad....

woodsracer144
05-03-2009, 01:56 PM
yeah my big deal is that i would like a nice truck as well... no body believes me that i have my quad paid for and i paid for it... and not my mom and dad they also say its junk becuase its not a "NEW" 450... i was bored today so i washed my wheeler and my truck...

i dont know... lately i've just been bumbed out...

woodsracer144
05-03-2009, 01:58 PM
this is with the other plastic...

Motoracer13
05-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Looks good! I know how it feels when you getted bumed about things but then I think of how lucky I am to be physically able to just ride a quad. I dont care if some one is on a brand new or beat up quad or dirtbike. Its the fact that they share the feeling of the experience of riding, a common bond among men. I know its hard but just think of your blessings. My lil bro has some physical challenges that will never allow him to ride a dirtbike but he does ride a hopped up polaris scrammy 400. Shifting can be a prob sometimes for him so this quad is great for him. I know he gets down sometimes to but then we talk about a friend of mines nephew who loves bikes and quads but is strapped to a chair because of MS. If he even wants to sit on one we have to hold him while he does. If someones downs on what you have, even if its your parents, tell them its better than nothing and it makes you happy. Also remember IT COULD BE WORSE! So in closing I want to say thank you god for what you have given me.

TCracin440ex
05-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
yeah my big deal is that i would like a nice truck as well... no body believes me that i have my quad paid for and i paid for it... and not my mom and dad they also say its junk becuase its not a "NEW" 450... i was bored today so i washed my wheeler and my truck...

i dont know... lately i've just been bumbed out...

honestly if your not happy with the 250r motor find you a nice used crf 450 motor and put in that bioch and rip the "NEW" 450s a new arsehole

quadbod
05-03-2009, 03:03 PM
That quad is rediculous, drop the front cog-a-tooth and hold on for grim death.

Not sure how you fall outta love with a 250r, especially a fully loaded one!!!:blah: :blah: :blah:

voodoochassis
05-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by quadbod
That quad is rediculous, drop the front cog-a-tooth and hold on for grim death.

Not sure how you fall outta love with a 250r, especially a fully loaded one!!!:blah: :blah: :blah:

as simple as this..the new wave of 450s are nice but anyone can ride a 4poke tug monster there dont get me wrong cause you can lug them and not as much rev and clutch slipping..but still a stock frame quad....look at wwhat you have dude a arm ripping monster when you get it running right...ask any pro what they would rather race and garuntee most will tell you a old trusty 250r chassis

woodsracer144
05-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by voodoochassis
as simple as this..the new wave of 450s are nice but anyone can ride a 4poke tug monster there dont get me wrong cause you can lug them and not as much rev and clutch slipping..but still a stock frame quad....look at wwhat you have dude a arm ripping monster when you get it running right...ask any pro what they would rather race and garuntee most will tell you a old trusty 250r chassis
yeah... i'm feelin better now... but it still drives me nuts... i need a no link like mine and i cant find one...my rear shock is toast as well... uhhh...

thanks guys... i know what you mean by im blessed... i hope and pray every time that i dont have something happen to me... becuase my mom hates the fact that im ridin right no anyway... thats one thing i hope for... but some time i just accept the thing that happen...

i was watchin a podcast on Jeremy Lusk... and i had a buddy who had a really nasty crash and messed his legs up the bones came through the skin and all that and i was the one that was right behind him and i was the first one to help him... anyways i couldnt understand why this happened just like alot of us cant understand why things happen... i didnt know what to do... i was really affraid to ride for a bit after that now im fine... but in that pod cast there was a guy and he said that he couldnt under stand the same as me and he said that theres a vers from proverbs? 3-5 "trust in the lord with all your heart and not rely on your own understandings" and i've kinda banked offed that for a while...

its just annoing.. i think the reason why im like this is because i dont know what to do..

thanks alot guys... it helped alot...

i dont know if i would want a CRF if they are anything like a TRX... i HATE the TRX they dont lug at all...

One_Bad_400
05-03-2009, 07:50 PM
i'm startin to feel the same way as you. and i never thought i'd do it. but to put exitment back into my life, i'm going to buy a dirtbike!!!

cmaxx
05-03-2009, 09:05 PM
thats how i feel on mine,thats y im sellin to get something different.