PDA

View Full Version : Motor problem

knoxville9
05-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Hey, well my problem is that when I try to start my kfx i can sit there for 10 minutes priming it with choke on or off n just pinning it n it will just crank over n over with nothing but the pipe just sounding like a bogg preatty much i put a new plug in it didnt help has a fresh oil change with about 10 hours on it, i just put a fuel filter on it but it was doing it before that. I also can get it started my bump starting it but even after a couple mins of riding if i let it set while i do sumtin i have to bump it again. i put it on the battery charger n tried it and it didnt help I HAVE NOT CLUE

knoxville9
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Forgot to mention that i just had the valves adjusted like 2 weeks ago. And that my carb does need rejetted so it sputters on deceleration but i still think it would start

drzoo2
05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
who did the valves and why did you have them done in the first place. If there was a 0 clearance the first time then there probably is again and it's time for new valves. I would double check them. Maybe they were not done right?

The pop on decel can be fixed by adjusting the fuel screw. After it's warmed up go riding and add a 1/4 turn until it goes away. If you get up to three turns you may have to bump the pilot. Depend how modded the bike is though. Stock bike shouldn't need a bump.

z

knoxville9
05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
The valves were being shimmed because they were brand new kibble whites so they expanded n stuff so they needed shimmed thats all n read my sig. hope that will fill you in

knoxville9
05-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Can anyone help? I'm stumped, could it be bad gas I didnt think so because it started when i bumped it?

airmobile101
05-03-2009, 10:42 PM
I still sounds like the valves are out of adjustement.

knoxville9
05-04-2009, 05:11 AM
All of my friends are saying that but I dont see how practically brand new valves with a fresh re shimming on them can go out of adjustment again? It's been less than a month or 2

purelife 300
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
its more likely its the valves because since there brand new there gana continue to seet till there broke in id check ur valves agian its the most likely explination and u can do it ur self b4 u take it any where and spend money

Nick24
05-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by drzoo2
who did the valves and why did you have them done in the first place. If there was a 0 clearance the first time then there probably is again and it's time for new valves. I would double check them. Maybe they were not done right?

The pop on decel can be fixed by adjusting the fuel screw. After it's warmed up go riding and add a 1/4 turn until it goes away. If you get up to three turns you may have to bump the pilot. Depend how modded the bike is though. Stock bike shouldn't need a bump.

z

I was looking for the fuel screw and couldn't find it. Where is it?

drzoo2
05-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Under a little brass cap that is on the motor side of the carb on the bottom. Let me know if you need a pic.

z

Nick24
05-11-2009, 05:49 PM
ok thanks and yeah i would appreciate a pic

jsick
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by knoxville9
All of my friends are saying that but I dont see how practically brand new valves with a fresh re shimming on them can go out of adjustment again? It's been less than a month or 2

lol dave and I told you that for like a week and until someone on the forum said something to you

but i forgot i dont know ****... lol