PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new tires (MX)

quad janern
05-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Hi there!
Im looking for a set of new mx tires (rear). Here in Norway where i live, the mx tracks are quite sandy/muddy and harsh, lots of whoops and holes. I need some tires that will last, some with a deep tread pattern. (Well maybe i need XC tires :P ???)

Last season i rode with Maxxis Razr2`s in the rear and wow they can take a punch !! I did not have any problems with them. I have road 4 seasons with them now and theres still more tread left. I took the holeshot some times im my races when there was tracks with lots of sand. They really got traction! The only thing i dont like about them is that the ones i had was quite tall, and it was a bit tippy in the turns (is that bechause of the tire has tread in the corners where mx tires dont have becuse of sliding, or the height ? )

Should i buy new Razr2`s or should i buy any other tires ? Im open for offers.
The ITP Holeshot H-D might be something for me, or maybe maxxis Razr mx ?
http://www.itptires.com/images/08products/holeshot_hd.jpg
http://www.maxxis.com/Repository/Images/M932_RazrMx.jpg

BlaineKaiser450
05-02-2009, 06:59 PM
ITP MXR-6s are great for sandy tracks

quad janern
05-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Thanks. I will think about them. Do you know how many layers the tire have ?

I think i will buy something like the razr2 tire.
Sould i buy a tire with shoulder knobs or not ? Shoulder knobs hurt sliding right ?

(i cant really remember how it was to ride with razr2`s last year. Im used to stock yfz tires now)

Kawi_41
05-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Try the Razr iMX. They're radial, so they are very puncture resistant, and handle quite well. I run them on the rear of my KFX450R and they have held up great.

rooster300ex
05-11-2009, 08:30 AM
If you like the tires you have, and they work for you. Then just buy the same tires.

Trxracr
05-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Wut Bout Stock YFZ rears my first race this year was on a sand/mud track & i got the holeshot they hooked up great