PDA

View Full Version : no bottom end power?

bigbad400
05-01-2009, 03:19 PM
my friends got a 250r hes bean having some trouble with, at first it wouldnt idle and the idle adjust was all the way out so i bumped up his pilot jet to a 48 i think, (stock carb, fmf gold, uni) not sure what alls into it but its not stock. anyway it idles good now, then it was sputtery mid throttle so we messed with the needle and mixture skrew, got it to respond alot better and doesnt sputter, but its dull untill it comes into the powerband, and it doesnt like to pull very hard either. i ride an 400ex and im spankin him, thats not right.

i got on it and put it in 2nd, redlined it and dumped it like i was drag racing and it barely took off until it came into the powerband. totaly guttless. what could be the problem? id flip over doing that on my 400.

the plug is kinda dark but not wet or corroded, its just like chocolate, not so carmely like it should be. is he mixing it to rich (32:1 i think he said) or is it set to rich 165 main needle in 2nd down and mixture skrew out 2 1/4 .

thats were im at with it any advice would be great. its got good compression, and alot of potential if i can help him get it going. (came with stabilizer, works shocks, and dg nerfs, on douglas rims with holeshots, laegers a arms lonestar axle, pc'd orange frame, omf plastics. its really a nice quad but somwere somethings out of tune and i cant figure it out. please help.

Aceman
05-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Compression and leakdown tests are good first tests. Proper jetting would be next.

Look on Duncans site for a good Keihin jetting article.