PDA

View Full Version : What oil filters does it matter what brand?

bpjr07
05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
well im just wondering if other people have tried out some other filters that are
not ktm or k&N

i was thinking of maybe going with ktm or k&N and changing filter everyother time.

but now i notice there alot of cheap alternatives right now since there on sale.
like Neutron Safe Guard Oil Filter anyone tried these yet? if i get these i will change them out every time. they are half the price of ktm or k&n oil filters.. what do u guys think?

thanks

i will also do my first oil change using rotella 5-40 synthetic.

2 filter changes of Neutron Safe Guard Oil Filter will only be 15.00 (4 filters)

ZsPred
05-01-2009, 10:52 PM
I run the K&N and TwinAir. Those are really the only ones I have available other than the OEM's.

Funny enough they are both cheaper than OEM too here!

Never heard of Neutron Safe Guard Oil Filter.

Chris

birdman7389
05-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by ZsPred
I run the K&N and TwinAir. Those are really the only ones I have available other than the OEM's.

Funny enough they are both cheaper than OEM too here!

Never heard of Neutron Safe Guard Oil Filter.

Chris
The Neutrons are from Rocky Mountain, I have run them on the Pred and Trailblazer with no issues.....

serokk
05-13-2009, 12:12 PM
They make them for the Outlaw 500.....not the 525. But dang! The price is right!!

bpjr07
05-13-2009, 01:04 PM
its for my 08 outlaw 525 they make them i just installed them the other week haven t ridden the quad tho.

well the fit was the good and overall they look good says German made filter fabric..but filter from Taiwan.

just looked it up they got the filters still on sale

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/search.do?page=5&keyword=oil+filter
there were you can find both just search the pages

serokk
05-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Weird......this is what I get under ATV POLARIS OUTLAW 525S 2008.

The selected product has been discontinued and quantities are no longer available. Please click below to go to our homepage and continue shopping.

www.rockymountainatvmc.com

SSJEFF
05-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi Flow. I got mine from Magic Racing.

serokk
05-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Are you buying for the 525XC??

They're prices are very decent on a name we know.

Colby@C&DRacing
05-15-2009, 09:03 AM
We have been using and selling the high flow filters for years. They are a really good filter and cost a lot less than oem.

serokk
05-15-2009, 09:18 AM
Do I need to call you to order or is there a way to do it from your web site?

powertechn2
06-15-2009, 10:52 PM
magic racing is like 15 miles from my house... not to be confused with magic motorsports... even closer.

i have always used k&n oil filters, changing every time, mainly cause its cheap insurance compared to burning down an engine.

used to use actevo oil.

had to switch in my ex, found i went thru clutch plates quicker with teh act-evo vs other cheaper oil. they wouldnt really wear, just would slip, castrol said it wasnt designed or recommended for that application, go figure, now i have a case sitting around collecting dust...

damn.

holeshotoutlaw5
07-09-2009, 10:39 PM
i just bought my first reusable oil filter today . made by ready. its swiss grade stainless. i think i made a good choice. pricey? yes but add up all those k&n filters ? i heard they were going out of business! so i bought it. scott makes a reusable filter also! just not sold on an paper oil filter.