PDA

View Full Version : yosh slip on

raustinltr
05-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Currently my 450 has cherry bomb on it, uncorked exhaust and airbox lid off.... putting on an aftermarket slip on, yosh for example... will it make any hp gains at all or no?

05-01-2009, 07:20 PM
get full pipe and jet kit.

i did it to my kfx and it has so much more power...

theres no point in getting a slip on... if you want power. get a full

LTandRaptorider
05-01-2009, 08:37 PM
ummm... The LTR450 is fuel injected, so no jet kit needed. ;)

As for slip-on versus full exhaust system... Most seem to think, which I agree, that unless you do internal engine mods, the stock header is just fine and no full system needed. If you plan on mods later such as cam or porting, then I would say get the full system. You would of course need a controller also for the FI.

For HP gains, don't expect more than 2-3 hp. It's more about changing the response and where you see more power. For example with my HMF slip-on I put on my LTR450, it revs much quicker now and has a little more power on the low end.

05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
true... my bad.:p

quadboy-55
05-11-2009, 10:26 PM
you notice it more on top than enything powerwise, but pipes are... like the other guy said... for throttle response.

it also depends where you want youre power, they all make more than stock everywhere in the powerband but a slip-on will make more HP and TQ off the bottom but will flatten out early into the midrange, if youre alays rev'n 'er then a full pipe is what you need, they make more than stock off the bottom, but a slip-on has it beat, but as soon as you reach mid the full sys. will show that slip-on whos boss, by making way more up top and mid than a slip-on can even dream about touching. i rev my bikes so i have always been a full sys. guy.

specs for the Yosh's are on yoshimura's webiste @ www.yoshimura-rd.com

shane071489
05-12-2009, 08:31 AM
if you look on the dynos on the site where he just posted you see that the slip on makes just a little more torque and the full make a little more horse power...but is it enough to notice a difference on a STOCK uncorcked and lid off motor?

quadboy-55
05-12-2009, 04:47 PM
thats off the bottom, the full makes more on top. but theres hardly a difference that you can feel, on top the full will just give a bit more jam, and was desiged for a built motor.

shane071489
05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
thats what i was thinking too

quadboy-55
05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
yeah, or everyone would be slip-on crazy, LOL

shane071489
05-12-2009, 07:18 PM
hmf is making a new tip like the yoshimuras im waiting on that before i get my slip on i dont plan on doing a whole lot of mods just a cam a pcIII and an intake then work on my suspension hopefully

quadboy-55
05-12-2009, 07:32 PM
i did a full yosh, next is tires and a damper for handling then a cam after that... hopefully, LOL.

shane071489
05-12-2009, 09:16 PM
yeah man i want a steering stabilizer holeshot tires all around my *** end seems to come around if i gass it around the corners and want to get my shocks revalved heard it helps a lot on rough stuff and jumps i love my shocks how they are now they are perfect for me

quadboy-55
05-12-2009, 10:11 PM
exactly the same as me, my ***** end whips out in the corners, and on loamy tracks the bike doesnt hook up at all, and the fronts push around like its riding on $h!t. LOL

you doing Race Tech for the shocks? thets the route i might take.

shane071489
05-12-2009, 11:06 PM
im not sure yet i got some company that my buddy they did his honda shocks and they were like guaranteed next to being as good as the foxs so thats a good damn shock the guy can build ha you race? im wanting to get into it...yeah man if its real dry ive been on a track and tried to just gas the corner which if it was wet it would of happend ha i ended up doing a 360 in 3rd ha i just never let out it took me all the way around and then back the way i was going i was like wtf haha