PDA

View Full Version : CDI Rev limiter

XFactor
05-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Hey folks! My little boy has an 04 Mongoose 90. I have read in the past that you can clip the green wire on the 4 wire plug going into the CDI to remove the rev limiter. On his, there is a darker green and a light green or aqua blue colored wire. I'm assuming I should cut the dark green but I want to be sure.

I have also read about taking a boss or shim out of his primary clutch to give it more top end speed. Does his model have the boss or the spacer that can just be removed?

If it is the boss is there any guidance as to where to get the new one with no shoulder?

Thanks in advance for your input!

X

XFactor
05-10-2009, 08:04 AM
No one has any info on this? I don't want to just start clipping wires!

X

airmobile101
05-11-2009, 03:04 AM
I think there should be an actual green loop on the cdi itself. So I wouldnt just start cutting into the wire harness. 4-stroke?

XFactor
05-11-2009, 05:18 AM
I didn't see a loop. All of the wires are different colors so I don't think it would loop back to the same plug. Yes sir the bike is a 4 stroke.

Thanks for your replies.

X

airmobile101
05-12-2009, 01:36 AM
Ok, so how many wires go to the cdi? If there are only four wires total,Im might be able to help. I got a cdi solution,but its for a 12VDC powered cdi Like the newer 4-stroke Kymcos,Kawis, and DVX'S. Shoot me a PM and let me know.

XFactor
05-12-2009, 06:50 AM
Thanks Air,

You have a PM!