PDA

View Full Version : Rebuild compleat

monkeyballs
05-01-2009, 08:11 AM
I thank all those of you who helped with my rebuild. This thing has so much torque.

-HC stg 1
-11:1 wiseco light weight piston
-Miled port and polish
-Crf 450r timing chain
-Tusk clutch
-Clutch basket
-416 87mm boar :D
-k&n air filter with pre charger
-Full system yosh pipe no sprk ar

Future mod 450r carb (2 months from now :D)

I am verry happy with how this turned out. I took it for a 10 min rip last night at 10:30 I love how it sounds now so much crisper and cleaner. I will be posting pics of the build and my polish tonight once again thanks :D

Pipeless416
05-01-2009, 12:21 PM
sounds like you went all out! thats basically the same thing as my setup except with a different cam. looking forward to seeing the pictures!

tri5ron
05-02-2009, 01:36 AM
did you replace the studs with HD studs?
Or did you stay with the original studs?

monkeyballs
05-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Still have stock studs. If I went any biger then I would put the hd studs. From what I hear I should have no problem with the stock studs. 426 hd, 440 hd... If I blow a head gasket thought.. ill know what the problem is.

Any who I have a bunch of pics but how do I get them to 20k bites? Only way that I can think of is going on paint and making them small one by one.. LONG TIME

NowI g2 say, this thing is a BEAST! I raced my friend who has a honda 450 (480 bunch of mods..) and in 100' race he beats me by 3-4 bike lenghts. But his gearing is pretty low. And lightly leaning back my bike comes up in every gear other then 5th when racing (power wheelies not actualy wheelies)

And one minor problem. Today it was preforming unbelievably well.. But every time I went to start it, it was getting harder and harder for the starter to turn it over.. At the start I figured it was just cuz I dont have a decompressor and uped the comp. But as time went by I figured out that my battery was not being charged.. What can cause this I checked all my conections and they are all good other then one wire in the one conection.. It is where the wire from the casse goes to the battery, I belive it is a red wire, it is kinda rusted or burnt.. But it was working perfectly fine b4 I took it appart. Im wondering what can cause this. Could it be that wire and whats other things that might that I should check? When I go to start it, it just clics. Then I g2 bump start it and it wont charg..

Well thanks take it ez
Thanks for the photo trick. Tell me if it works. You can brows throuhg the pics right? Or hwo should I do this?
http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/racer4713/?action=view&current=100_0055.jpg

brian76708
05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by monkeyballs
Still have stock studs. If I went any biger then I would put the hd studs. From what I hear I should have no problem with the stock studs. 426 hd, 440 hd... If I blow a head gasket thought.. ill know what the problem is.

Any who I have a bunch of pics but how do I get them to 20k bites? Only way that I can think of is going on paint and making them small one by one.. LONG TIME

NowI g2 say, this thing is a BEAST! I raced my friend who has a honda 450 (480 bunch of mods..) and in 100' race he beats me by 3-4 bike lenghts. But his gearing is pretty low. And lightly leaning back my bike comes up in every gear other then 5th when racing (power wheelies not actualy wheelies)

And one minor problem. Today it was preforming unbelievably well.. But every time I went to start it, it was getting harder and harder for the starter to turn it over.. At the start I figured it was just cuz I dont have a decompressor and uped the comp. But as time went by I figured out that my battery was not being charged.. What can cause this I checked all my conections and they are all good other then one wire in the one conection.. It is where the wire from the casse goes to the battery, I belive it is a red wire, it is kinda rusted or burnt.. But it was working perfectly fine b4 I took it appart. Im wondering what can cause this. Could it be that wire and whats other things that might that I should check? When I go to start it, it just clics. Then I g2 bump start it and it wont charg..

Well thanks take it ez

put the pics on photobucket.com then copy the image code and paste it in a thread

honda400ex2003
05-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds like a nice combo of parts and will be very enjoyable for a long time. steve