PDA

View Full Version : HMF Ballance QRS

suck my pipe
04-30-2009, 10:12 PM
So the quiet core comes out of the HMF Ballance QRS like the old ones did right? I found a good deal on ebay for the quiet series. However I don't want or need the sound to be limited, i want the most power and sound out of the exhaust. Please don't tell me about being quiet and not disturbing people. Every one around me rides and half of my neighbors are family, no one cares! It would be nice to have the core incase this ever did become an issue. Any way please help me out.

suck my pipe
04-30-2009, 10:35 PM
After researching HMF's website, it seems that the QRS is a internal chambered core pipe, I think this means the inside of the canister is built differently. It is not the quiet core that just slides out after removing the exhaust tip. I would still like someone to chime in with concrete info to back this up.

Thanks

LTandRaptorider
05-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Can't help you with the HMF QRS, sorry. But I recently got an HMF sport series slip on for my LT-R450. I ordered the quiet core also. The pipe is loud, as I read in reviews. With the quiet core I can tone it down when needed. You might wanna go that route. Not sure how good a deal you saw on ebay... I ordered mine from Motosport.com for $239 I think. Performance wise I was pleasantly surprised! The LTR revs MUCH quicker now, and some gain on the low end... Which is what I wanted.

suck my pipe
05-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Thank you for your replay this is most likely what I will do.