PDA

View Full Version : Rear brakes went out

ramsbringit
04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
Ya I have a 88 honda 250x and for a couple of days now my rear brakes have been squeeking. I thought my pad were wearing down no prob well tonite riding some muddy trails they just completely stopped working all together. The rear brake lever just mashes down all the way. Its like there is no pressure at all could this be my master cylinder or the rear caliper or just the brake pad? I havent started doing anything to it yet wanted to get some info on it first any help would really be appreciated thxs.

Curtis300ex
04-30-2009, 11:36 PM
You may have blew a brake line, if there is no pressure when you press down on the brake pedal then that might be your problem

RideRaceLive93
05-06-2009, 04:36 PM
1.)if they where squeeking you prob need pads 2.0 if you ne4eded pads and went with out changing them the piston may be out to full extension and can't go back in cousing that feel of no pressuire 3.) check your brake fluid, it could have boiled or you need to bleed your brakes4.) bleed your breaks5.) last possible thing would be rebuild the caliper and look for dirt in the lines

Tommy Warren
05-06-2009, 06:59 PM
my bike just did the same thing I'm pretty sure its because the piston came out too far but I also developed a leak where the parking brake goes into the caliper so I think we both need to do a rebuild on the caliper but I'm not sure.

nobody knows????