PDA

View Full Version : Fell in LOVE

Seed
04-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Well for fun a buddy and i went to t a KTM dealer today and i fell in love. I sat on a 505 sx and instantly had butterflys in my stomach lol. So now im caught between a rock and a hard place now. What should i do. Do i buy the 505 sx or the Can-Am DS450 MX. Also has anyone heard of any bad things about the new SX quads that i should know about?

Quadevil
04-30-2009, 08:37 PM
hahahaha you just did what everyone should do. Go out, sat on a SX and ride it if possible. Then people would understand why the KTM is so good and justifies it's price.

Good luck with the choice, you already know what i'd pick :p
No bad things about SX's till now that i know...

dbkbushwacker
04-30-2009, 09:13 PM
I would go to ktmatvhq.com and do some research there. They really nice but I prefer fuel injection.

ltr311
04-30-2009, 10:15 PM
I have both. The ktm out does the can am everywhere. No lie. Its really really really nice. Corners on rails and is insanely fast with just an exhaust. Mine did 56whp 38ftlbs. with only pipe. Stock jetted it did 51whp.

There is a few small issues with it but nothing major. If you can get a deal on one dont hesitate to buy it. Its way more bike than the can am. Even with 4k in suspension and bolt ons the ktm will still pull alot faster lap times.

Dont get me wrong though. I do like the can am. ALOT!! But the sx is a weapon. Thats the only way to describe it.

Good luck and you will be happy with either bike. Just takes alot of money to make the can am hang with an sx.

crixal
05-01-2009, 05:20 AM
i think i'm trading in my can am for a ktm 450 or 525 xc next week. honestly, if you have the money i would go w/ the ktm. they are amazing.

Seed
05-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ltr311
I have both. The ktm out does the can am everywhere. No lie. Its really really really nice. Corners on rails and is insanely fast with just an exhaust. Mine did 56whp 38ftlbs. with only pipe. Stock jetted it did 51whp.

There is a few small issues with it but nothing major. If you can get a deal on one dont hesitate to buy it. Its way more bike than the can am. Even with 4k in suspension and bolt ons the ktm will still pull alot faster lap times.

Dont get me wrong though. I do like the can am. ALOT!! But the sx is a weapon. Thats the only way to describe it.

Good luck and you will be happy with either bike. Just takes alot of money to make the can am hang with an sx.

Can you address some of the issues that you have or are still having with the SX.