PDA

View Full Version : cvt?

ml450r
04-30-2009, 06:45 PM
My son's ds90x ate its belt. the bike has only had 2 tanks of gas ran through it. I am just wondering why. In the pic, the little rollers look to be brass(maybe) with a plastic coating, they look like they have been hot. Is this normal, the roller is kind of out of round, if that makes since.

The other piece(in yellow), has the splines stripped out for some reason. Any idea what could of caused this. The bike has a max rpm pipe and clutch kit. 1000rpm white spring and the yellow springs in the centrifugal clutch . any ideas?
Thanks
Merrill

04-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Your clutch is getting hot check the center bushing of your variator the brass part its probally moving inside of the casting. Its happenend to me so try this let me know. Good luckthis is probally whats wrong.

JAG Motosports
04-30-2009, 08:03 PM
I'd say he is right, if you look close at the pic you can see the bushing popped out. The face plate isn't stripped thats how it is.

weldr383
04-30-2009, 08:26 PM
looks like the ramp plate is missing the plastic sliders

etondaddy
05-01-2009, 05:07 AM
You need to get a hold of Musky on here he had all kind of trouble with his but I think they got it fixed.

Mike Kozura

LT80
05-01-2009, 07:32 AM
IMO, the 1000 white springs are too heavy. They are not allowing the shoe pads to contact the bell with enough force causing slipping, thus heat.
Put the stock shoe springs in.

musky
05-01-2009, 09:43 AM
That all looks like the same nitemare that I lived for 6 MONTHS. Put your stock rear clutch in bag the rest up & take to your dealer. Now my sons was so hot the the engine was cooked, total rebuild. If the motor isnt cooked you want to make sure that the splines on the crank are not chipped. That was my biggest trouble with canam trying to get the crank replaced. They kept installing new front clutch parts 3 times & by that time the crank was shot. I could explain it all better to you over the phone. Call me if you want after 9pm 304-455-5078