PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with rear disc assembly DRX 50

steviemx
04-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Not sure why the pads are down to metal after only 10 hours, but i got new ones and can not get them in. There has to be some sort of trick to this. The retaining clip fell out, and i think i put it back in properly, but i just cant seem to get the small pad to sit in, and havent even gotten to put the outer pad in...Please help...

rmuscle
04-30-2009, 05:49 AM
take off the cap on the fluid resivor , put the small pad on the caliper and slowly push against it till it goes in as far as u can get it. becarful cause if u do it to hard u will shoot brake fluid all over the place. then u can put other bpad in place and should be able to slide it right back on disk. i hope this makes any sense.oh yea we went through pads real fast also .i told my kids they need to get off the brakes on on the gas more lol

steviemx
04-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Thanks rmuscle. I will try that, but i am pretty sure i got the caliper as far as it will go even with the reservior cover on. How does the retainer clip sit in there?

quadscrib
05-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Our 08 DRX50 rear pads went metal on metal in just a couple rides.... I replaced them with some off EBAY and theyve lasted a long time!!! Not too hard to put them on just have to depress the caliper piston fully.
As far as the anti-rattle clip the center goes up and the ends pinot down. Hope this makes sense.