PDA

View Full Version : header temp ?

Outlaw6;=-
04-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm just curious on what the header temp would be on most motors ? I have the fuji 500.

SSJEFF
04-30-2009, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Outlaw6;=-
I'm just curious on what the header temp would be on most motors ? I have the fuji 500.

Really hot!!!! I have seen them glow.

Outlaw6;=-
05-01-2009, 12:38 AM
ok.. i want to know the basic header temp because there is no place around me that ceramic coats but a place that does powder coating says he has coating that can withstand up to 1000 degrees.

SSJEFF
05-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw6;=-
ok.. i want to know the basic header temp because there is no place around me that ceramic coats but a place that does powder coating says he has coating that can withstand up to 1000 degrees.

I see what you are getting at. I would think that would work. I think the ceramic actually helps to keep the heat in though. that is the key to it.

Bradracer18
05-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Don't powder coat it!! That holds the heat in your header. Get it jet coated!

I think a guy who everyone has do it is moorepower

Think its something like www.moorepower.com

I know he's pretty cheap and fast

SSJEFF
05-01-2009, 09:13 AM
"Don't powder coat it!! That holds the heat in your header. Get it jet coated!"

Wow, I thought that was the whole point of ceramic coating. The ceramic holds the heat in and keeps the exhaust gas the same temperature while lasting and not damaging the metal. the exhaust gas needs to stay the same temperature so that it will not get more dense and slow down causing a loss in power.

I have heard good things about moorepower though.