PDA

View Full Version : Banshee parts deal of the century!

IcutMetl
04-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Here's a little story for ya.

My buddy recently traded his '01 Warrior for a '99 Banshee. Bought Warrior brand new shortly before I bought a new 400ex. Also has YZ450F bike (wow!). Hardly rode the wheeler since I got my 250r. Found a goofball to trade him straight up for an equal condition Banshee, stock motor.

The Banshee is fast and a total thrill to ride, but 100% rides like a brick. Haven't had ours head-head yet, since my motor is apart, but I'm still really likin' my 250r.

So my buddy calls me today after work and tells me he found another guy at work who was selling some of his son's old 'shee parts. Literally bought a truckload of stuff. DMC 916 2-into-1 exhaust with spark arrestor seperate-great condition, AC Pro-Pegs, nearly new, pair of jetted stock carbs with twist throttle, Duncan quick change clutch cover ready to bolt on-new, extra stock head- milled for compression, factory plastics, stock bars, stock tires & rims, reed spacers & cages, boost bottle, headlights, levers, cables, airbox with pro-flow kit, factory shocks all around, and a host of other goodies....

Guess how much? $350....for ALL of it!

I thought M'F'er....just when I thought I had a chance! But hell, can't knock a deal like that. Now I guess it will be a faster brick.

Jonny B
04-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Does he wants to part with the Duncan cover???

IcutMetl
04-30-2009, 01:17 AM
I would say no at this point; I think he plans on putting it on there.

Oh yea, I forgot...he also got a stock swingarm, a 4" extended swingarm, bearing carrier w/ bearings and seals, and a straight stock axle....

Master LTR450
04-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Jonny B
Does he wants to part with the Duncan cover???

Hey Jon Duncan still advertises these covers for $200 with yours sent inor $300 for a new one. Give them a call I bet they still have them

Jonny B
04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
I was hoping to trade my hinson cover for a duncan one...oh well. Thanks for the info though Rob.

Master LTR450
04-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Jonny B
I was hoping to trade my hinson cover for a duncan one...oh well. Thanks for the info though Rob.

Just go buy a Duncan cover plate. You will never know the difference. They are all the same I believe. Probably just like the 250r and all made by 1 company too