PDA

View Full Version : yfz leaking gas from carb overflow

400exfan19
04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
my yfz pours gas through the carb overflow as soon as i turn the gas line on.... it runs fine but i cant turn the gas on.... it happens when the bike is running and not running.. help would be appreciated!!

86 Quad R
04-30-2009, 04:25 PM
either the float needle has trash thats preventing it from shutting off fuel or the needle is stuck.

Wildhorse800
04-30-2009, 06:44 PM
Agreed.
Needle and seat seems to be the culprit. I'd just get a rebuild kit to be safe and redo the carb. You may get lucky and it just have junk in it.

Also, make sure the floats are not leaking(filling with gas). They should be free of any gas inside. I usually just dunk them in a bowl of water and just look for bubbles.

Rivieraracing
05-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Try tapping on the carb bowl with either a rubber mallet or the handle of a screw driver, might dislodge a stuck float!

bobizzle
05-05-2009, 03:51 PM
this happened on a fellow friends bike while riding one afternoon. we took apart the carb and the float had trash on the side of it enabeling it not to move up and down. also you might have a hole in the float. place float in a small can of gas and puch it under the gas. if you see bubbles, prob a pin sized hole.