PDA

View Full Version : Valve job

monkeyballs
04-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Well I just finished putting the top end on my bike to finde out that I need to cut my valves or they are bent.. When I put it together I lapped them and figured it was enough. Once it was all done I turned it over a couple times to make sure nothing bindes up and I could air leaking from the exhaust and perhaps the intake.. My valve clearance is not to tight so only thing it could be is.. I was wondering how much is it to get the valves cut? Or for last resort (if they are bent) How much to change the valves and do I need to change the guides? Thank you :-s

One more thing, now im not 100% sure if this is abnormal.. From what i understand, some leakage is normal.. I do want to get alot of preformance out of my bike but for 100$+.. im alredy over my budjet. But I figured a little is a lot.. (for the valves cuz since its not under much compression and it leaks how much will it leak under the full pressure of combustion?) So idk if I should put it back together and do a compression test by hocking up the starter.. but then it could be the rings since they are not brocken in.. grr I also took a flash light and shined it through the ports (when iwas in the dark) and I could not see a spec of light. Pleas help..