PDA

View Full Version : Tag railer, maier, or upp racing or any others?

shane071489
04-29-2009, 09:09 AM
I need a skid plate bad, took a rock to the frame, it took a beating. I need help deciding i wanna know what yall are running and what fits good works the best really want polyurethane pictures would be great

Colby@C&DRacing
05-08-2009, 01:48 PM
We have been running the maier plastic skid with no problems fits good and works well.

staakej
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a poly tag and it super nice fits real tight dosnt slide. And you can get a pretty decent discount if you go thought sponsor house.

shane071489
05-14-2009, 11:56 AM
whats the sponsor house im wanting to start racing next year and want to get some sponsors to get parts but do i have to be racing before i get sponsored i know its a dumb question

motofreak2772
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
not on sponsorhouse... you dont even need a picture or even words haha. I dont think any of the companies on sponsorhouse actually look at your profile(unless theyve changed in the past 6 months). The discounts are a joke, they charge you like twice the regular shipping. But buying a skidplate and maybe bars would actually save you a few bucks since youll be spending a lot.
As far as getting "real" sponsors you need national rankings. So yes you would need to race first lol. If I were you I would go to local shops and businesses, they will probably help out the most and actually be involved and care about your riding.

KFX400-314
06-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I am running a full belly skid on my 08YFZ from HalaDog. It is like the Tag Railer. I ran the 10 hour in Iowa and several GNCC's without issue. It seems to slide right over rocks and roots, but still shows almost no wear and I have more than 20+ hours on it.

Check it out at www.haladog.com

hendershot106
06-10-2009, 10:41 AM
the tag railer works well....... fits snug...slides over everything easy.. and since it is poly it is easy to trim the side rail tabs for nerf bars.