PDA

View Full Version : Lexx Exhaust / ? Header

Kalejime
04-29-2009, 08:41 AM
I've installed a Lexx Exhaust on my TRX 400ex 2007... Also K&N. New jets have been added also...

But header? Someone recomended Powerbomb, but will it fit a slip on?:ermm:

nskukalek79
04-29-2009, 09:13 AM
probably not, even if it would fit i don't think it will do anything for you because the inner diameter of the header will be the same size as the stock one so it can't pass the exhaust fumes any faster or more efficient than the stock one

Pipeless416
04-29-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by nskukalek79
probably not, even if it would fit i don't think it will do anything for you because the inner diameter of the header will be the same size as the stock one so it can't pass the exhaust fumes any faster or more efficient than the stock one

wrong. it will fit with ANY slip on, as it is the same length and has the same mounting point as the stock header. its basically a stock sized replacement that flows a little better and supposedly quiets down the exhaust a little bit. i have been looking for one for a while, but then decided to just start fabricating my own duals.:p

bigredisb
04-29-2009, 07:07 PM
I dont think your going to see a difference in performance by adding a header. Bigger bore, bigger compression, bigger cam, and then you would probably see a difference. Grind out the header welds and it will support what you have done to your machine. Spend your money on a set of 450R shocks so you can use the power you have.

Kalejime
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
how much is that? What else do I need to change in order to make them fit my 400?

nskukalek79
04-30-2009, 10:31 AM
i bought an LRD header once cuz they guy selling it said it fit a slip on but it didn't at all, the diameter of the header was about 3/8" bigger. I thought all aftermarket headers were larger in diameter but i guess they all aren't.

bigredisb
04-30-2009, 08:37 PM
I bought my 450r's for 190 bucks or so. They go pretty high on ebay now but keep watching the classified ads on here and you can spot some. You only have to gind the top shock eyes a bit to get them to fit. Took me about 30 mins to install.