PDA

View Full Version : Fuel System Cleaner

mitchamus
04-29-2009, 06:19 AM
Has anyone used Fuel System Cleaner before?
i have a 400ex and was thinking about trying some. My problem is i have left gas in my quad since last october and now it runs like crap. when i stab the throttle it just cuts out. So i was thinking of draining the gas and adding some fuel system claener to see if that helps...

storms400ex
04-29-2009, 07:06 AM
you need to drain your old gas and put new in. if that dont work more then likely you'll have to clean the carb, more likely your jets are clogged.

Wildhorse800
04-29-2009, 10:04 AM
I use Seafoam regularly. You need to use stabilizer before storing. Get rid of ALL the old gas and use new. You can get Seafoam at WalMart in the auto dept. Seafoam can also be used as a stabilizer, so if you use it regularly, you will always be ready for storage!

Just remember it is not going to clean it out in 2 minutes. Gonna have to burn some fuel to get it cleaned out.

GumOut is another good cleaner.

Its worth a shot, but if that doesn't work, we can walk you through a carb cleaning!:D

mitchamus
04-29-2009, 10:50 AM
How much seafoam do add in the the gas tank or am i better off to add it to my 5 gallon can then into the qaud?

Wildhorse800
04-30-2009, 09:03 AM
I usually use about 3 oz. to 5 gallons for the quads. I keep only one 5 gallon gas can for the quads, so I mix it in before hand.

I would add it to the tank if storing it, but I ride all year long. I still like having it in there to control moisture in the fuel since it is not run every day.