PDA

View Full Version : Some quick jetting advice please.

Sinister95Z
04-28-2009, 06:45 PM
I got done last week installing my 450R carb and I am just getting around to fine tuning. I have a few issues that I wanted to run by you guys to get some advice. My mods are in the sig and the current jetting is as follows:

180 Main
50 Pilot
Stock needle position
Fuel screw 2.5 turns out from lightly seated

I have done alot of searching about jetting and from what I have come across, I should be in the ballpark.

Here is the problem. When I stab the throttle quickly, the bike sputters for a second and then revs. What am I missing? Should I try a different position with the needle?

uchi
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
im not a pro at this but ive been doing some reading and from what ive gathered, and god knows this could be wrong, but heres what ive put together.

the pilot controls the low throttle position fuel delivery, the needle is mid range and the main is high throttle position. assuming i read my information correctly it would lead me to believe that you may have too big of a pilot installed. or as you said you may have to try a different needle position. hope that helps and i hope i didnt jsut completely talk out of my ***** :)

BassHunter0123
04-28-2009, 08:27 PM
is it doing this in neutral or under a load or all thime?

uchi
04-28-2009, 09:08 PM
sounds like its sputtering while just free revving. how is it under load? does it pop under decel at all?

Sinister95Z
04-28-2009, 10:37 PM
All I can really say is that you are the man! I was at the point where I would try anything, so I went with your advice and went down to the stock 450R pilot which is a 48. I also messed with the fuel screw for awhile.

It runs great now. No sputtering and no more popping on decel.(Upping to the 180 main from a 175 also helped with this)

Thanks guys!