PDA

View Full Version : '09 Outlander 800R EFI X- what mods?

MUENSTER
04-28-2009, 06:30 PM
looking at buying this sucker this weekend, what performance mods should I do? what cosmetic mods would you do? thanks

eyeque
04-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Cosmetically, I'd make it look like a Renegade :)

Performance wise? Just ride it...sweet motor with gobs of power.

Tommy Warren
05-29-2009, 12:01 PM
a power programmer, exhaust (hmf) and a K@N air filter is all you'll need power wise. depending on what you do with it I would suggest a winch and maybe suspension lift. those tires work great in the mud so don't worry about those.

John Cannon
06-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Performance wise I would stay away from any aftermarket filter. No aftermarket filters flows more then the factory 09 filters as of right now. The Muzzy full exhaust is extremly nice and make gobs of power. A Power Commander is needed to pull the A/F ratios back down after the exhaust. Installing a 650cc outlander helix in the clutch will give you alot more bottom end and take away the 09 lag on the start. If you want more power or twice the power then you need to check out MrRPMcycle.com. I just put his 1004 in my Outlander. 82HP at the tires.

SilverBomb
06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Ron Woods Racing would be a great place to start. They offer some sweet products for the Renegade. They've been making top quality stuff for Rotax motors for years. Click Here (http://www.rotax.net/)

John Cannon
06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
RW is also a good place but keep in mind that the 09 intakes make more power then the RW intake.