PDA

View Full Version : Anyone racing Flat track, Orange County Fair grounds NY, saturdays in January?

kc 300EX
01-01-2003, 06:42 PM
Heyas, Any one who lives within driving distance of the Orange County Fair grounds should come check this out. It's going to be like the 12th year. I raced last year and it was a lot of fun.
Very small flat track race, quads and bikes, every saturday in January.
Practice is at 5pm
Racing starts at 7pm
Don't think you have to have a quad set up for flat track to participate, there is a beginner class, amateur class and a pro class for quads, also even a mini class.

I'll try to answer anyones questions, if I can't I'll get ya the phonen umber for the promoter.

Let us know whos going to be there

mx517
01-01-2003, 08:48 PM
how much does it cost to per race entry and how much does it cost to just watch? I probably won't be able to race, but i'd still like to go and check it out.

kc 300EX
01-02-2003, 01:33 PM
its $10 to get in and watch, everyone pays the 10 bucks, then its 35 bucks to race

kc 300EX
01-02-2003, 01:44 PM
BTW-Kids under 12, or 10, sorry I forget, get in free

kc 300EX
01-02-2003, 07:27 PM
ok, come on, I know theres more riders on this board that can go!! I know theres gonna be Bluetraxx members there.....:eek:

Come and represent people, watch, race, whatever! They sell beer at the concession stand!!

Come on Come on

kc 300EX
01-03-2003, 11:47 PM
No one really?? No one lives in like Southern NY, Northern NJ, Monticella, Middletown..............I know some of you do come on

Ryan
01-04-2003, 12:49 PM
Im going there tonight! It starts a 7:00 pm. I can't wait to go. Maybe I'll see ya there. :D

kc 300EX
01-04-2003, 09:55 PM
Fun Racing! I think I was the SLOWEST quad there........maybe I was faster than some of them Blasters??

Anyways! Pretty damn lucky I got VERY good starts. Started second in the first race, and thats where I stayed the whole time, not too much excitement. I was in the B main after that....

Three 400EXs, a 250R and a Blaster and me of course......I got the 1st starting spot(lucky me) Front row inside. I got the holeshot, I was slowing everyone up, I think, and one quad ended up in the tires in turn 2, and then a 400EX and the blaster got spun around between turns 3 and 4.........this was to my advantage......now I was still in first and I really only had to deal with one 400EX who was RIGHT on my grabbar, he kept trying to get me out of the way(I mean he was faster than me) and with 2 laps to go, he got on the inside of me in turn 2, he was going to blow by me, BUT, I used the 2 spun quads, and I forced him over so he had to either let off or slam them, he let off of course, he was right on me again after that, but I managed to keep him off and take the Win........

Very kool guy, came over in the pits, shook my hand, congradulated me, very fun night, can't wait til Next Week........Sure hope I see some EXriders from the site there!

BTW-Im #214, 300EX, prolly all muddy, Mason Builders(Sponsor) Sweat shirt if you see me say Hi

Ryan
01-04-2003, 10:35 PM
Yeah I saw you. Didn't you take the win overall in that class? That guy with the 400ex was right on your arse, he almost passed you at the end. It was really fun too. The quads were insane over there compared to the bikes. Next time I go, which next week maybe I'll go in the back and probably see you.

The one thing that was bad is that the track was way to small and the place needed to air out. I am stilling coughing up from all the exuast fumes in there. That was the horrible part.

I'll let you know if im coming next week and maybe we can meet up. Congradulations on the win...

kc 300EX
01-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Hey Thanx man..... If you go again definetly stop and say Hi

I know what you mean about the ventilation, all them old bikes with 10 year old gas and leaking rings.......I had to go outside to breathe

Ryan
01-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Yeah it was horrible. I toke 3 breaks just to breath and when I got home I felt a little weird. The second race I was standing kinda by the pits, over that side of the track. I didn't pay my 5 extra bucks to get into the pits, lol.

They need a venhilation system and a bigger track. The track was so small, on a 5 lap race people were getting overlapped.

If I see you I'll definitly stop and in.