PDA

View Full Version : Any one buy land to ride atv's on what price did you pay

400exrider69
04-28-2009, 04:04 PM
I ride at a farm a freind bought a year or two ago and it has about 10 tri-axle loads of dirt that was dumped to fill in a wash out which has been loads of fun. There is some kick back hill climbs and some 20-25ft creek jumps. There is some land to the east the road makes a triangle and the end where it meets up with another road and there is about 3/4's of an acre or so.
It used to be a big riding spot till the owner found out and starting dicking with it needless to say he cut tree's over all the trails.
There is one good creek come steep hills and some good clear grass aeras how much would land like this in west central indiana be worth.
I'll try to sneak in and get a video of it
i'm thinking of offering him $1500 cash and see if he'll take it
then with our bob cat i could widen the creek fill the bottem with rock make some jumps where the grass is and make a xc style pratice track

Bryson#221
04-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Ouch...

I highly doubt he'd fork it over for a measely $1500. You have to pay taxes on that stuff- that's where they rob ya. It's probably more wheelin' and dealin' and legal work than you would expect.

Guy400
04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
$2000 for 75 acres...back in 1950.

400exrider69
04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
i'll have to get a video and to show the size of this
like 150 wide and 150 across give or take some

mittman
04-28-2009, 11:21 PM
Around me which is in the middle of nowhere is going for 1,500-2,500 a acre its a little more depending if it has utility's and how close to town it is. We have about 1,300 acres at camp. Its a blast to have and we actually make money from it about 50 acres of it was just logged and all over the property we have have 6 gas wells that we get money from. We also get money from the camp memberships.

Everything inside the red we own(the black dot is our camp location) other part got cut off but most of it is showed

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/dodgediesellover/campland.jpg

trick450r
04-29-2009, 09:13 AM
in fairfield county, ct where i live an acre lot goes for around 125-200k lol.

And thats in this piss poor economy!!

ZeroLogic
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by mittman
Around me which is in the middle of nowhere is going for 1,500-2,500 a acre its a little more depending if it has utility's and how close to town it is. We have about 1,300 acres at camp. Its a blast to have and we actually make money from it about 50 acres of it was just logged and all over the property we have have 6 gas wells that we get money from. We also get money from the camp memberships.

Everything inside the red we own(the black dot is our camp location) other part got cut off but most of it is showed

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/dodgediesellover/campland.jpg

Where in PA are ya?

mittman
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Where in PA are ya?

Houtzdale PA(very small town only 1 stop light) . If im thinking corectly you are close to the NJ/PA line which is about a 3 1/2-4 hrs from me.

ZeroLogic
04-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by mittman
Houtzdale PA(very small town only 1 stop light) . If im thinking corectly you are close to the NJ/PA line which is about a 3 1/2-4 hrs from me.

I think thats about right. Around here its gettin built up so much since 2000. Go back 20 years ago no one was here and now this place is turning into a city.:ermm: But our town still has one traffic light! :p Surprised you got so much land though!

mittman
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
I think thats about right. Around here its gettin built up so much since 2000. Go back 20 years ago no one was here and now this place is turning into a city.:ermm: But our town still has one traffic light! :p Surprised you got so much land though!

Our town has gotten smaller over the years. We actully got the land pretty cheap my dad and 4 of my uncles and my pap all went together and bought it. My moms uncle used to have a coal company and he owned a lot of the land by our town and we brought it from him.