PDA

View Full Version : Air Filter

Striker49
11-17-2001, 08:19 PM
Ive had my 250ex for bout 3 weeks now, still completely stock :( but ive been ridin behind my dad some and its been really dusty. My air filter popped into my head when I was ridin today and I wanted to know if i should clean it/have it cleaned or at least check it. :confused: Any help would be appreciated. Thx in advance.

Tommy 17
11-17-2001, 09:13 PM
I clean my air filter once every 2 weeks. When i had a stock air filter i used a product called NO TOIL. its not like the k&n stuff and all the other u don't wash it out wit gas or kero. u use a certain type of cleaner that comes in the kit and u wash it in ur kitchen sink. it completly safe to do this and it works great. i been using it since probably 1997 or 1998. you can find this product in bobscycles mag. it also gives u a little bit of a power increase too but nuttin noticeable. u can't use it wit a K&n filter though.

the cleaners awesome, if u put some in ur hand and then add water to it it gets so hot u can't even stand to have it in ur hand. it a fun joke to pull on ur friends.

hope this helps.

Moto92
11-18-2001, 12:43 AM
I always check my filter before riding, it really makes a difference in the engines performance. For a stock foam filter I have found the best thing to clean it with is Simple Green. Then I got some Accel foam filter oil from Autozone to reoil it.

400exdad
11-18-2001, 06:57 AM
Thanks "Fear" for the tip on SimpleGreen, I'll have to give it a try. My son rides behind me most all the time and I have to really stay on top of his air filter. I have to clean his twice as much as mine. I use Bel-Ray Filter Oil on our filters. That stuff is super sticky and works great. Almost too great. It is very tough to wash out except with gas (a no no). I may try the accel filter oil from "the zone".