PDA

View Full Version : best rear tires for all around riding??

trailrider894
04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
i'm looking for some good rear tires for all around riding, what brand sells the best tire for that ?? i currently have maxxis razr's.

04-27-2009, 11:06 PM
From what I hear, Razrs are pretty good all around.

Maybe Kenda Klaws?

greenblood01
04-27-2009, 11:39 PM
I've had good luck with Kenda Klaws, they last forever. Razr's are good also, along with Holeshot GNCC's.

jaredbeast
04-28-2009, 05:32 AM
I just ordered a pair of kenda kutters yesterday after talking with a few local gncc riders. they said the rears and nice and last forever but the fronts aint that great. The knobs on them are HUGE and they are priced well under razrs and holeshots @ $65 a piece.

richards
04-28-2009, 06:32 AM
I have been real happy with my Kenda Knarly rears - work good for me on the trails I ride including semi-hard dirt/clay, rocks, and even in mud. I run the 22 inch tall ones to get as much ground clearance as possible.

They do not make a Knarly front, have been running the stock tires which are not that great on trails. Just got a pair of Kenda K548 Sport Radial fronts yesterday but have not mounted and ridden them yet. Tread is similar to the Knarlys - relatively widely spaced tall knobs.

I do not see the K548s on the Kenda web site so they could be a discontinued pattern. The Klaw fronts are similar, they just have tighter knob spacing than the K548s.

trailrider894
04-28-2009, 07:40 AM
so then what is the best tire that kenda makes??? you guys listed so many i just don't know? i ride mx and xc so.

richards
04-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Well there is no "best"... It depends on the type of riding you do. For example, the tall/grippy rears I like for trails are opposite of the short/spinnable rears you would want for mx. Also, good trail tires for guys like me who ride for fun are different than good xc racing tires. And the choices will change if you ride rocks, clay, loam, sandy soil, desert, sand dunes, etc.

I know that is not much help. But my point is be specific about where and how you ride, and then look for recommendations from guys who ride the same.

hypersnyper6947
04-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I ride trails and mx, the next tire im going to get will probably be itp mxr4 in 19". That way its kinda the best of both worlds. But so far i love my knarlys, they are 18" and i have no problems with the trails i ride at croom down here in florida.