PDA

View Full Version : 86 rear caliper

DEERCHOOPER
04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
well i just got to the rear caliper on my first 250r build. some HEHAW destroyed it before i got it. 1 of the pad bolts wouldnt come out so they took a saw of some sort and cut into the caliper body to get it out. HEHAW i tell ya, then since they couldnt get the threaded part out they drilled it big and put a threw bolt in it.

any how, my question is. i have a brand new 450r caliper but it will not fit on the brake stay. would a 450r brake stay fit on the 250 carrier and line up with the rotor?

destey
04-28-2009, 05:05 AM
I know its after the fact but I what I do in those circumstances is grab onto the head of the fastener with vice grips. The vice grips seem to have more twisting power than any of the original methods (hex head, allen head...).

I've had some allen bolts look like they would just round the allen slot out, then i grabbed onto it with vice grips and it just twisted right off.

A couple of seconds with the acetylene torch will loosen it up, fast. just be careful not to overdo it

DEERCHOOPER
04-28-2009, 05:10 AM
1st off i didnt do it, lol. some hehaw that owned it before me did.
2nd, you cant even think of getting vice grips on the bolts that hold the brake pads in.

thank you anyhow

86 Quad R
04-28-2009, 06:51 AM
is there a possibility that you can switch the "floating" brace/bracket from each caliper to make the 450r caliper work with the 250r's ?