PDA

View Full Version : Hetrick Racing Relocator Intake

rummel
04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has purchased the Hetrick manufactured intake relocator. If so what size main jet are you running. I just put this on and have gone from a main jet size of 110 to 170 and still going. Im running a 24mm Keihin Carb on a 90cc DRR quad.

Logan #34's Dad
04-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Can You post a pic of it? It sounds to me like you have an air leak or something because that is a big difference in jetting. Are you talking about the tube that goes from the carb to underneath the front plastic?

rummel
04-28-2009, 06:38 PM
The intake is the one that hetrick racing shows on there website. that is the radiator looking hose from the carb to the metal canister.

wvspeedfreak
04-28-2009, 07:44 PM
We ran one for a little while and ended up with a 135 main.

rummel
04-28-2009, 08:29 PM
the problem im having is when were hitting high rpms or u know with the throttle wide open the bike starts puttering. know problems at low or idle bike sreams of the line then starts crapen out ive been told i need bigger jets but havent seen it help yet. needs some advice

zach R 7x
04-29-2009, 03:35 PM
i ran one of those last year on my a/c drr 70 and i had the same problem .
i called and talked to hetricks and they told me to go big on the jets and work my way down ,that every motor will be different. so i did ,and ended up with a 50 pilot and 135 main on a 28 mm oko with the need clip in the third slot from the bottom. it did work well and actually seemed a little faster .
hope this helps........Tim

rummel
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Did you place the metal canister up were the light was originally with the tube clamped directly onto the carb. Let me know cause i have mine located up there. ill post picks tomorrow maybe im doing something wrong but i thought it was pretty much self explanatory.

zach R 7x
04-30-2009, 05:58 PM
yes we did ,mount it that way ,did not cut anything down ,but i did make my own mounting bracket under the head lite assembly .
i looked for some pictures of it but don't have any thing of the filter system ,it was on our old 05 drr that we parted out last year .

one thing that you do have to make sure you do when you mount the canister is to make sure the air inlet is mounted towards the front of the bike at a slight angle going down

hope this helps .....Tim