PDA

View Full Version : Killer XC helmet cam footage

Pappy
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Wildman Bill Fuller takes you around the GNCC at Loretta Lynns!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3579911#post3579911

bigd's ex
04-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Go Pros are great, have one myself & love it. It would be neat to see a video like Bills of every track so we get to see what the riders have to deal with. Glad he thought to wipe the lens often, the first video I did, ended up with a big mud ball in the middle of the shot of a 30 min. ride. LOL. Hope to see more!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Fuller
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Heres what happens when you lose patience. I'm not sure what place I am in at this point, this is about 3/4 into the final lap. I came through the score tent 3 seconds behind 2nd place at the begining of lap 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w03er1Rmatk

bigd's ex
04-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Man that s**ks, looked like you barely clipped each other, but then again it does'nt take much. How did your bars hold up after the crash, & you also ? Thinking real hard in investing in a set of Flexs'

Bill Fuller
04-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Bruised forearm and elbow but nothing major. It did bend my axle and steering stem though. Flex Bars are awsome, they have been holding up very well they are pricey but now I don't waste the money on anti vibe aftermarket stem.

bigd's ex
04-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Glad that you're ok, looked like a pretty good tumble. !!!!!!

Quad18star
04-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Not bad for an old man . ;)

Man I'd be dead tired after about 3 minutes from the start. Awesome footage.

SRH
04-27-2009, 11:01 PM
good footage,hard to judge how fast you guys are going but the trees are whizzing by haha, so whats the mindset in gncc, at the start it looked like you played it cool and let the other guys blast past you seemed like there was a few oppurtunities to stick a wheel here and there or force the issue

Bill Fuller
04-28-2009, 07:24 AM
IMO you can't win a XC race in the first couple of miles or first lap, BUT I do believe you acn loose a race that quick by outriding your skills. Adrenialin (SP) doesn't make it any eisier. I find that as long as the guy in front of me is moving at my pace, I keep my energy and focus longer, it enables me to look ahead and make decisions that the guy infront didn't have time to. This usually works pretty well for me and keeps me out of trouble.

Pappy
04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Bill was that one of the new go pro units or standard helmet cam?

And was that my old YFZ or did you get a new one?

Bill Fuller
04-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I got the whole kit rom Helmetcamera.com No that's not your old YFZ, I sold it last year when I got this '08 It does still have a bunch of your old parts though:devil: