PDA

View Full Version : pros and cons the kfx450

JJs450r
04-26-2009, 09:49 PM
well thinking about trading my race and practice bike for a built kawi and just wondering some pros and cons about the quad and if its worth it or not

MtnEX
04-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Well, there are pros and cons to them for sure.

But the thing I like most about this bike is the fact that the cons are all only minor little bugs to work through. There are no known serious issues of any type.

Kawi sure took their time in releasing this quad.... and I have to say it really shows in the finished product.

You are looking at trading used and built for used and built, so rather it's worth it or not is a hard call from my perspective. I don't have anything to go on there...

In the end though, it would seem like you are looking for something new to try or something better. To be honest there is not much else in the 450 market beyond the rest besides a better chassis and EFI.... both of which the KFX-R has.

So I think it would make you a better base quad because of the chassis and potential.... and you would have EFI to tool around with.

FHKracingZ
04-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Pros :
Easy to work on
Awesome fuel-injection setup
Handle good
Look sweet

Cons :
Weak Rods
a bit slower than the hondas and suzukis

dont listen to what people tell ya though. Each quad has its good things and bad things.

jcs003
04-27-2009, 09:46 AM
con: its not a honda. pro: EFI

JJs450r
04-27-2009, 11:41 AM
sounds good now just gotta wait to see if i am gonna be able to ride again, i was looking at trading my practice and race quad for a well built kfx450r

or

trade my race quad for a semi mod kfx and sell my practice bike to buy parts i need

this is to be a mx race bike

4wheelinmatt
04-27-2009, 12:35 PM
When your back up and able to ride, ill let you ride mine if you want. Hopefully my bike will be getting some more upgrades over summer.

JJs450r
04-27-2009, 01:28 PM
thanks matt, ya hoping to be back by july maybe august :(

JJs450r
04-27-2009, 09:20 PM
pic