PDA

View Full Version : need help with a blaster

i rock
04-26-2009, 09:18 PM
when riding it will shut off and i cant figure out y?

flyin#5
04-26-2009, 09:50 PM
could be a bad stator coil, they can have a break in the wire and cold they are fine, when they warm up the break expands and you get no sparky sparky.....

extremeblastr
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
there is a really really easy fix to your problem, get rid of that blaster and buy anything else that can run in that class and you'll spend a lot less time wrenching and maybe grab a couple trophies:chinese:

Scottt89
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Could be an issue with the TORS system on the carbs if you still have it. I believe they make a kit that you can drill in your own Idel Screw and get a new carb top to eliminate the TORS.

Does it just turn off or does it start bogging and then die?

extremeblastr
04-27-2009, 11:25 AM
there are a few companies that sell TORS eliminator kits, i had one on all three of my blasters.....yeah i said 3:( and in all honesty it easily the worst quad i've ever been in the presence of never mind ridden. they are alright for younger trail riders and nothing more. you could try the TORS eliminator but when one of my race bikes did what yours is doing i needed a wiring harness because after about 2 weeks of it doing that it just stopped starting.

deathcorefan2
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
there are a few companies that sell TORS eliminator kits, i had one on all three of my blasters.....yeah i said 3:( and in all honesty it easily the worst quad i've ever been in the presence of never mind ridden. they are alright for younger trail riders and nothing more. you could try the TORS eliminator but when one of my race bikes did what yours is doing i needed a wiring harness because after about 2 weeks of it doing that it just stopped starting.

as an advice giver on an atv site you should not discriminate on what quad he rides. just give the advice you think is right and move on, this kid could really love the blaster, and in all reality, you CAN make blasters very, very fast. what im saying is, let him ride what he wants. that wasnt the question, if he was asking about performance mods, then you should have input like that, but otherwise, i see it as pointless really.

no offense to you.

it is just i used to own a smaller quad i wanted to get answers for questions i had on it and that is all people would say, "buy a bigger quad" "buy a better quad" all that. it is nothing against you. i just do not see the point in it.

mxtuner
04-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
there is a really really easy fix to your problem, get rid of that blaster and buy anything else that can run in that class and you'll spend a lot less time wrenching and maybe grab a couple trophies:chinese:

please explain some more. What is alot faster in a blasters class? :confused:

nakomis0
04-28-2009, 07:29 AM
I just got my 12yr old a 2006 Blaster. I think its bad arse for a kid. Its a 200cc 2 stoke that weight 300lbs. I started on a Blaster.. heck everyone I know started on a Blaster, only problems I heard of was the TORS and brakes on the 2003 and older models.

mxtuner
04-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Yea always had troubles with brakes on mine also.