PDA

View Full Version : ban lifted

250x_kyle
04-26-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/04/24/report-dirt-bikes-for-kids-mostly-legal-once-again-for-the-m/

is it true? and if it is how long will it last

NacsMXer
04-26-2009, 09:07 PM
No idea, but if it is true that's great. Even if it is a small step forward for now, it's still progress.

hondariderdylan
04-26-2009, 09:33 PM
i read about this in dirtwheels

apparently the braindead idiots at the CSPC are going to lift it for a year to reinterpret the law and figure out if it meant for mini quads and pitbikes to be included

makes you wonder if they even know whitch hole to stick it in.:huh

buck440
04-27-2009, 05:14 PM
stock up now then sell them when it all hits the fan

JOEX
04-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Didn't realize they were using this excuse....

... The issue was lead content, as the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 (CPSIA) issued a law banning the sale of any product that contains more than 600 ppm of lead in "substrate material."

ATVsToday.net
04-28-2009, 10:28 PM
It's just "stay on enforcement" Congress still needs to pass a law that exempts bikes and atvs.

wilkin250r
04-29-2009, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
the braindead idiots at the CSPC

Like any issue, some people are just clueless.

The CPSC actually agrees with us, but they can't do anything about it. The lead-law states specifically, "The CPSC cannot change this law" (except it says it in legal-speak, obviously). Their hands are completely tied, they can't fix it.

The CPSC doesn't make the laws, they only enforce them. Congress makes them. The only power the CPSC has in this situation is to decide not to enforce the law, and wait until the mess can get sorted out.

In case you missed it, those "braindead idiots" are the only ones that ARE helping us at the moment.

TCracin440ex
04-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Didn't realize they were using this excuse....

yea i know i saw it on the local news my honda dealer was doing an interview and he said yea they banned them because of the lead products used to make the machines. he said i rode alot when i was a kid and i never got lead poision, the only way to get leadpoision would be if i was out there chewing on the exhaust pipe or putting parts in my mouth

hondariderdylan
04-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Like any issue, some people are just clueless.

The CPSC actually agrees with us, but they can't do anything about it. The lead-law states specifically, "The CPSC cannot change this law" (except it says it in legal-speak, obviously). Their hands are completely tied, they can't fix it.

The CPSC doesn't make the laws, they only enforce them. Congress makes them. The only power the CPSC has in this situation is to decide not to enforce the law, and wait until the mess can get sorted out.

In case you missed it, those "braindead idiots" are the only ones that ARE helping us at the moment.

i understand that they are just enforcing it
but why is it that it took 3 months for them to decide that they had to reinterpret it?

shouldnt that have been a good idea before they started enforcing it
go through and decifer what is and what is not before the law goes into effect and pisses off countless people?

common sence would say that there are lots of youth quad and dirt bike riders out there,somthing should be done before we just throw the law out there:huh
the law was paased at the end of last year and went into effect on feb. 10th
they had time:scary: