PDA

View Full Version : axle bearings ? need some info

HOT-ROD
01-01-2003, 03:14 PM
i bought a twin roll bearing carrier about a year ago , and the bearings are in need of replacing. does it take the same size as my stock , just 4 instead of 2 ?

HOT-ROD
01-01-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by HOT-ROD
i bought a twin roll bearing carrier about a year ago , and the bearings are in need of replacing. does it take the same size as my stock , just 4 instead of 2 ? can you buy a 4 bearing kit ?

terko440
01-01-2003, 05:49 PM
NO hotrod I believe it's two wider bearings. I use to think the same thing but i think that would make it hard to get them all out. I havent had to replace mind yet so i'm not sure where to get them but whoever sold you your carrier should know. Have you done this before? Definately try heating that puppy up to aid in getting those bearings out!

HOT-ROD
01-01-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by terko440
NO hotrod I believe it's two wider bearings. I use to think the same thing but i think that would make it hard to get them all out. I havent had to replace mind yet so i'm not sure where to get them but whoever sold you your carrier should know. Have you done this before? Definately try heating that puppy up to aid in getting those bearings out! yea i've changed the bearings in my stock one . it was a bi**h .

toby400ex
01-01-2003, 07:21 PM
i would think you could get the bearings from pretty much any company that makes double row bearing carriers.

tprender
01-01-2003, 08:06 PM
The bearing that go in any twin bearing carrier can be purchased at any auto parts store. They are the bearing that go in the old style GM AC compressior. There are 3 different brands or grades of them. If you can get one out to take in with you to show. The prices go from about $10 to 30 retail. Besure to take the inter seal off when putting the new bearing in so that the grease can get to the bearing.

jgray
01-02-2003, 05:49 AM
Hot-Rod...
i bought a bearing kit (2 double wide bearings, and 2 rubber seals) for $39.95 plus shipping. I bought them from RAD mfg. I do not have there carrier, but they all use the same double wide bearings. They had the baest deal.. I actually called and talked to a tech there and referenced the numbers on the bearings to verify this info.
All i have in front of me is a phone number (435-574-2538), but I am pretty sure they have a web-site..
GOOD LUCK
Jason

tprender
01-02-2003, 09:00 AM
Mezzaro's has the same kit for $25.

jgray
01-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Some sort of contact would be nice !! Phone# website.. I searched and found nothing !!

tprender
01-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Go right to the top of the page and click on the links. Meszaro's is one of the sponsers of this site.

jlhughes750
01-02-2003, 01:44 PM
Use ALL BALLS bearing kits they are availible through herrmannracing.com 215-679-2808 ask for Brad

Carriers are easy to rebuild if u do it right, we race XC so we are always in need of a fresh carrier. Theres lots of tricks, freezing heating, noc the bearing out and dremel the race, the best thing is to get a piece of 1/4 inch thick metal roughly the dia. of the bearing and make it double D shaped if u can imagine that. it will then slip into the carrier and u can knock out the bearing with a punch!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

mesz1
01-02-2003, 01:47 PM
The MeszMoto kits are from All Balls!!