PDA

View Full Version : best mx track in usa??

WB450r
04-26-2009, 07:56 PM
me and my cousin and a couple friends are looking at traveling this year to a mx track..

wht and where are sum of the best tracks in usa..

ive heard breezewood and englishtown are good..

wht r sum other really good tracks

thanks

04-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Breezewood looks like a great place. Hardrock might not have the best track but they have many tracks and different things so theres something for everyone and you can really progress there.

JJs450r
04-26-2009, 08:39 PM
ncmp is probably one of the best in north carolina, also cyrstal coast mx is pretty awsome in nc, i like birch creek alot in va

Johnny Minehan
04-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Unadilla

BlaineKaiser450
04-26-2009, 09:08 PM
most people around here say that Racetown 395 is the sickest track ever. Speedworld Arizona looks sick too!

jesseweaver
04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
best track??? i gotta say danimals domain lol that place looks SICK i wish i could ride there. no seriously best track, idk i havent really riden any of the big nationals ones. breezewoods a great track. i always thought glen helen looked fun

FHKracingZ
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
I would say red bud, budds creek, glen helen, sunset ridge. There are ALOT of great mx tracks. Any of the bike national tracks are usually top notch facilitys.

JJs450r
04-26-2009, 10:03 PM
ya i forgot budds creek, and then theres that mototown usa track in ct that looks pretty sick

younggun95
04-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Glen Helen is a famous track, but not a cool mx track... atleast not on any day other than the bike national. They put a bunch of cool stuff on the track for the bike national, but any other day the track just sucks enless you are just trying to get a good workout from sand whoops.
Racetown 395 is a cool track, but not amazing. And they dont let quads practice on the main track.
Speedworld I think usually has the biggest turn out of all the mx tracks in the Quadcross schedule.

SRH
04-26-2009, 11:55 PM
idk my favorite track was broome tioga sports center in binghamton ny, but the last time i rode it was when they were still hosting a bike national...hands down my favorite track, awesome rythem section there i loved it.... englishtown is good..elevator is fun, big table in the back is fun...off cambers suck, unadilla is flat out , kinda rough and big jumps...there is nothing to special about mx tracks, its more or less a matter of conveinence, ur not going to see me driving cross the country to ride on a specific track

JIM GRACE
04-27-2009, 05:15 PM
if you come out east, englishtown is a sweet track with big jumps
and the biggest step up jump i have ever seen.. they call it the
elevator. this is a pick from the wpsa tour, digger is on the move
check out the height go over the top..

hondaking52
04-27-2009, 06:31 PM
not sure wat the actual track is called, but the scene called elenore in huevos 11 looks like a sick track, lots of big jumps there.

pizmo 400ex
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
best track??? i gotta say danimals domain lol that place looks SICK i wish i could ride there. no seriously best track, idk i havent really riden any of the big nationals ones. breezewoods a great track. i always thought glen helen looked fun

danimals is sick. jump after jump. cant wait to go back.

feuerstack411
04-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
ya i forgot budds creek, and then theres that mototown usa track in ct that looks pretty sick

mototown is shut down

jesseweaver
04-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by pizmo 400ex
danimals is sick. jump after jump. cant wait to go back.

how'd you get to ride there? its not public is it? what about jackpot ranch and fitzland and places like that, they look like so much fun but im pretty sure they're private. i'd love to go to cainville too sometime though that place looks like fun. dammit all the good freeride places are a couple thousand miles from my house

motofreak2772
04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Dade City MX has to be the best track OF ALL TIME.
its great for quads, everyone loves it. Plus the owner is such a great guy and gets along with everyone. Thy really treat quads way better there than the dirtbikes and on practice days you get to go out on the track like 100 times, its awesome....

cmaxx
04-27-2009, 08:12 PM
well in WV,summersville has a sweet VERY fast mx track.your in top of 5th or 4th most of the time.

and im not sure if its opening this year or not.but its called Pyramid Valley Raceway,its really cool mx track.

and theres alot of other nice tracks in WV also.

pizmo 400ex
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
how'd you get to ride there? its not public is it? what about jackpot ranch and fitzland and places like that, they look like so much fun but im pretty sure they're private. i'd love to go to cainville too sometime though that place looks like fun. dammit all the good freeride places are a couple thousand miles from my house

its private, but my friends uncle is good friends with the owner. i've never been to jackpot, but that is close by.

quad2xtreme
04-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by cmaxx
well in WV,summersville has a sweet VERY fast mx track.your in top of 5th or 4th most of the time.

and im not sure if its opening this year or not.but its called Pyramid Valley Raceway,its really cool mx track.

and theres alot of other nice tracks in WV also.

Is this track along the hillside between Morgantown and Charleston? There is one that I used to pass on my way to Hatfield. Always wanted to stop to try it out.

JJs450r
04-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
mototown is shut down

that stinks

mini racer #39
04-28-2009, 08:09 PM
RED BUD!!! Is there any other tracks????:blah:

04-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Dade City MX has to be the best track OF ALL TIME.
its great for quads, everyone loves it. Plus the owner is such a great guy and gets along with everyone. Thy really treat quads way better there than the dirtbikes and on practice days you get to go out on the track like 100 times, its awesome....

Dade City is a fun place but deffinately not the best, great place to get involved and have a good time. Food there BTW is awesome! I love just going to watch all the different classes and meet some people out there. The track is chnaged what every Sunday? so theres always something new. Hard Rock is much better though just because of the variety and area. YOu could ride the place all day and not see a single person because there are so many tracks and something for everyone. Camping there too. Pro raced tracks would be fun but I know for a fact I dont have it in me to hit a lot of those jumps. Unadilla skyshot um no I will have to write a will before I do that lol

ROLLIN
04-28-2009, 09:42 PM
i don't know if it's the best mx track, but if you're gonna take a vacation ride-trip you wont regret Breezewood. what makes it great is the different styles of jumps and open practice all day. mix it up with who you want, when you want. ride til you pewk take a nap and ride some more. it's a blast.

quad2xtreme
04-29-2009, 05:16 AM
I drive 7 hrs to get to Breezewood and have done it on many occasions just to ride Friday afternoon/evening, Saturday, and then Sunday until 4:00pm before heading out. It is well worth the trip.

baldwinmx450r
04-29-2009, 07:37 AM
Washougal Red Bud or Daniel Boone

d3ktrix
04-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by WB450r

ive heard breezewood and englishtown are good..

Don't even waste ur time thinking about english town. It only has 1 or 2 quad events a year. The only 1 this year is this weekend and looks like it's going to get rained out.

Its a fun track but nothing really special about it, only significant jump is has is the elevator (double step up).
The large table top has been cut down a lot over the years and is pretty small now. Rest of the track is all small jumps.
I live about 20min from it, and I wouldn't consider it worth a long drive, unless ur area really sucks.

On the other hand the large track at breezewood is fun as hell.

I hope to travel more this year and try out more tracks also.

quad2xtreme
04-29-2009, 07:39 PM
lots of the tracks people are listing aren't open for public riding. Budds Creek is for $500 a day and it isn't groomed at all. What you see at a National isn't going to be even close to what you get to ride. You can only have 2 riders on the track at once too. That isn't much fun.

dan harris
05-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Thanks for all the props on the Breezewood Proving Grounds. I'm Dan the Owner and you can consider yourself personally invited to come on out and ride. Hope to see everyone on this thread at the park. We are open for riding 5 days a week (closed on Tue and Wed). We have only one race a year and its coming up this May 24th. No AMA cards or district cards to purchase, just sign up and race.

Also a track I always enjoyed racing that hasn't been mentioned is Flying Dutchmen in Pine Grove PA. Been a long time since I've been there but back in the "day" it was one of my favorite tracks to race.

jesseweaver
05-05-2009, 01:36 PM
hey dan its been a while since i've been out to breezewood, probably like a month:eek: i gotta get out there again soon. maybe this sunday... not sure yet:ermm: hopefully...

and im hoping to be there memorial day weekend, that was a really fun time last year.

Robin Hood
05-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Thanks for all the props on the Breezewood Proving Grounds. I'm Dan the Owner and you can consider yourself personally invited to come on out and ride. Hope to see everyone on this thread at the park. We are open for riding 5 days a week (closed on Tue and Wed). We have only one race a year and its coming up this May 24th. No AMA cards or district cards to purchase, just sign up and race.

Also a track I always enjoyed racing that hasn't been mentioned is Flying Dutchmen in Pine Grove PA. Been a long time since I've been there but back in the "day" it was one of my favorite tracks to race.

Raced a harescramble there at the beginning of this year and they ran us on most of the MX track. Gotta agree with you there, I loved it.

flyboy62
05-05-2009, 03:36 PM
BREEZEWOOD!!! by far the best place i have EVER ridden!

ALAMX37
05-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Mill Creek is one of the best. Estes MX is also one of the most amazing tracks I have ever seen or rode. Monster Mountain is just like the name implies a monster. The stair way to heaven is a 90 ft step up triple, trumps the elevator at englishtown. There are so many here in AL that make me so happy.

WB450r
05-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by dan harris

thanks dan..hope to be there this fall when it cools down a little bit..