PDA

View Full Version : Left Case gasket????????

BassHunter0123
04-26-2009, 07:45 PM
does anyone know how i can get a left side case gasket at a reasonable price????????? everywhere i seen the shipping price jets is crazy for something so small. any help is much appreciated.... thanks

sorry for the double post didnt think it went through the first time. i tried to delete one

richards
04-27-2009, 06:41 AM
You can avoid shipping by getting one from a local Honda dealer. Otherwise ask the online places if they have a level at which they offer free shipping - then order more stuff that you might need - oil filters, jets, etc.

If that does not work for you then try sealing it without a gasket. I have had success on many bike engine cases using Hylomar or Yamabond in place of a side cover gasket. You can find Hylomar at some auto parts places and any Yamaha dealer should have tubes of Yamabond in stock. This stuff is made for this type of application and works better than RTV silicone in my experience.

davidw2155
04-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I just bought a gasket kit on ebay from gasketking.com. I have not had a chance to put them on yet, but they look to be pretty decent. Also, I got the whole kit for the price of a few gaskets on the OEM sites. I think the guy's email is jason@gasketking.com. Email him and see what he can get them to you for. So far in my limited experience I have not been disappointed, great customer service. Once I get them on I'll let you all know how well they fit and seal.

buster024
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
It's one of the few things that I do buy from the local dealer. They might be a buck or two more, but you end up saving $10 in shipping.

BassHunter0123
04-27-2009, 02:26 PM
just talked to the shop and they have a machine that cuts gaskets so i can get one for 10 bucks