PDA

View Full Version : preditor carb problems..

Ealum450
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
I have an 03 preditor 500, my carb kept filling my cranckcase with fuel. obviously my float was sticking but any way i got another carb and the same thing happened with it.. The screw on the carb to drain the bowl was strpped out on both carbs.... has anyone had these problems???

Bradracer18
04-27-2009, 11:15 AM
yes, hit up the site www.predatorowners.com

Those screws are junk.....get out with vice grips. Replace with alan head screws at lowes.

You carb shouldn't fill up your crankcase with fuel....???? I'd say you need rings...not to mention at least a minimum oil change!

Ealum450
04-27-2009, 07:47 PM
your carb is how your engine gets fuel.... it runs to good, has plenty of power, and dosnt smoke..... change the oil every weekend.... ???????????????????????? when the bike isnt running you can look in the carb and fuel is steady running in the carb.... with either carb i put on there..... i adjusted the float and it stopped for a lil while but then it goes right back... the needle and seat looks good to and theres no sign of weare on it...

Bradracer18
04-28-2009, 10:02 AM
Well, fuel in the case is BAD! I'd change it every time I found fuel in the oil!

Either way....

fuel should not be coming out of your carb without it running. Adjust the floats down, or get new ones.

sleddog66
04-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Gotta be Float and/or Needle & Seat