PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr Arghhhh !!!!! Who Knows Somethinabout Bicycle Repair.

DGR Designs
01-01-2003, 03:00 PM
IMA TEAR OFF THE HEADS OF CANADIAN TIRE WORKERS i bought a CCM northridge mountain bike and it had good shimano parts. well i need to know how to get out the crankshaft on it as well as the stupid arms i have beat and pulled on them for the last 2 hours and they wont ***in move and i am like really steamin here. the crank has like a square end on each side and thats not square anymore. its kinda rounded off and the crank arm fits onto this and its supposed to have a square type hole which is now rounded also. i got one arm off but how do it get the other side off? (the side with all the chainrings) and how do it get out the damn crank. :grr :grr :grr :grr

ny300exrider
01-01-2003, 03:06 PM
well i had this problem on my bike(bmx).i couldnt get my right crank arm off and i was starting to dent it by hitting it so i brought it to the shop and they used this high tech machine that pulled it off...that probly didnt help at all....spray tons of wd-40 in it and keep hittin haha

joeroadking
01-01-2003, 03:18 PM
I think yoy need a special puller bring it to the bike shop and have them pull it, put down the hammer and walk away !

YamaWarr0121
01-01-2003, 03:51 PM
yeah u need a tool, did u get the sprocket side off or the other side? if u got the side without the sprocket then ur gonna hve to pull the sprocket off and then slide it through if its 1 piece n ifts 3 piece take the other side off by usin that tool if u dont got it just bring it to a bicycle place

DGR Designs
01-01-2003, 04:14 PM
ok heres what i got. apparently i need some crank puller bs. and i got the side off without the sprockets on it. it actually fell off :huh
and i think im goin to go to a splined crankset

TheRedRebel17
01-01-2003, 04:24 PM
a pic of the trouble woul dbe nice becasue i have completely taken apart 4 BMX bikes and put them together and it was pretty easy

Davids440ex
01-01-2003, 04:37 PM
i took a hack saw on my one piece crank

erac4019
01-01-2003, 04:56 PM
Yea, you need a crank puller and a splined bottom bracket tool. Best bet is to take it to a bike shop. They can have the old one out and new one in like 10 min. My local shop only charged me like $10.00 or so to change mine.