PDA

View Full Version : Major Bummin.

Sparks425Ex
01-01-2003, 02:33 PM
Well New Years eve I was over to my friends during the day doing some snowboardin. Well he has a big hill behind his house and a big tractor. So we decided to have a big air contest.

I won. But after a trip to the hospital it is sure. My collar bone is broken and I streached the muscles on the right side of my neck.

I am really bummin and hurting pretty good. Now no workin on my quad for a 4-6 weeks. And my frame is gonna be doe getting pced next wednesday.

This Sucks.

TC17
01-01-2003, 02:38 PM
that sucks. use some of that icy hot stuff. that feels good. i went snowboarding this too. i just plain suck. i'm going to eventually get practice.

Pappy
01-01-2003, 02:39 PM
you play...you pay:( sorry to hear it.....get well soon:D

Knight440
01-01-2003, 03:11 PM
That does sux :( well at least you didn't do it on your quad like I did cost me a little more folded two rims one front one back stock Honda rims set of bars a stem, one rear Hub and did a number on my brand new plastic :o

on a little 50ft double:o

You will do fine your young and will heal faster the collar bone is the most frequently bone broke in any sport :macho

Get well soon Man

:)

stocktires
01-01-2003, 03:22 PM
good way to start off the new year huh? j/j

I've broken both my collar bones. It isnt as much pain, as it is aggrivation.
Just try and get it set and be gentle on it for a few weeks. It'll take a long time for it to feel normal again :(
Just make SURE it heals right!

You can easily work on the 400, I tore down my entire 250R 3 weeks after I broke my collar bone :D
And tearing down a 16 year old isnt easy at all

roostin_dale
01-01-2003, 04:26 PM
that sux man! thats like the one body part that riders injure most.

Nausty
01-01-2003, 04:30 PM
hey man join the party, I broke my collarbone about 7 weeks ago on the jump in my sig and i'm already going just as big:eek: you'll be better before you know it. It just sucks wearing the figure 8 thing and I would suggest taking lots of vitamins and calcium pills cuz I had my figure 8 thing off in 3 weeks and was plays basketball. Also your pry gonna have a lump there the way it will heal at least 2 of the girls at my school did and so did I.

Atreyu
01-01-2003, 05:27 PM
I know how it feels man. I broke my wrist snowboarding a year ago. Tried a 720 off a jump that was to small going too fast. Get better.

01-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
hey man join the party, I broke my collarbone about 7 weeks ago on the jump in my sig and i'm already going just as big:eek: you'll be better before you know it. It just sucks wearing the figure 8 thing and I would suggest taking lots of vitamins and calcium pills cuz I had my figure 8 thing off in 3 weeks and was plays basketball. Also your pry gonna have a lump there the way it will heal at least 2 of the girls at my school did and so did I.

the figure 8 thing def sucks, i had to wear that damn thing to school and all, and its a PITA to get on anf off. i broke my collar bone when i endoed on a 40' double, but that was 2 years ago so im good now :) hope ya get better nacs

stocktires
01-01-2003, 08:22 PM
yes i agree, the figure 8's suck arse! But if worn right they really, really, really help!
O yeah, DONT WEAR AN ARM SLING! All they do is make your arm hurt and screw the setting up badly!
After you get it off you'll be ready to anything crazy!

cjpoole1
01-01-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
I too have the lump. I didn't break my collar bone though. I completely seperated all three ligaments that hold your collar bone to your shoulder.

QuadJunkies
01-01-2003, 08:56 PM
sorry to hear the news..:( I wish you a speedy recovery...;)

Sparks425Ex
01-02-2003, 01:30 PM
So is it really a bad idea to wear anarm sling. I have been wearing one and they don't bother me but if it gonna screw up my collar bone more then i won't wear it.

Should I or not wear the sling?

Nausty
01-02-2003, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't wear it but tell me you at least have the figure 8 thing?

Krazy Kid
01-02-2003, 04:16 PM
this summer i popped the nerve that goes thru the growth plate in ur elbow outta place so i was out fo a while... dont worry, i just hope u got atv offroad fury 2 so u can git sum action in...

stocktires
01-02-2003, 04:40 PM
I promise you the figure 8 (with no sling) is better and will cause you less pain and aggrivation.
I was put in one (sling) both times I broke my collar bones and after I took it off for a day and didnt put it back on it felt 10 times better!
My friend also did the same and said the sling made his break hurt also.
The figure 8 actually pulls your bones back and makes it heal better and straighter. The sling just lets it heal however it wants.
Its like snapping you arm and letting it heal crooked (the sling), or useing the figure 8 it will generally correct and straighten it.
The figure 8 straighten 1 of my 2 breaks, the sling wont straighten it for shure. A wickedly crooked bone will reduce your arm movement and make you have poor posture.
anyway... just wear the figure 8 and throw the sling in the garbage, lol

Sparks425Ex
01-02-2003, 04:58 PM
Naa i don't have ps2 but i gotta get one.

and yeah i am deff wearing the figure 8 thing. but i also have a sling on so it will hold up my arm.

TC17
01-02-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by NACS425Ex
So is it really a bad idea to wear anarm sling. I have been wearing one and they don't bother me but if it gonna screw up my collar bone more then i won't wear it.

Should I or not wear the sling?

when i broke my collar bone i wore a sling for 3 weeks. i actually liked it.