PDA

View Full Version : ever had your battery fall off while riding???

muddy400EX
04-26-2009, 02:35 PM
hit a jump today, landed and my quad died. wouldnt start and i look down and my fuggin battery is gone! i either ran it over or someone else did cuz its all busted up, but it still worked so i put it in and kept ridin. i had been there for like 5 minutes when it fell out so i didnt wanna leave yet.

but anyways, how much are batteries for this thing? and do they make kickstart kits for it?

Warnerade
04-30-2009, 06:00 PM
they make kick starts but if you wanna eliminate your battery completely I beleive you have convert your bike to a carb instead of EFI. Get ahold of Mike over at ATP, he'll get ya squared away.

1-850-584-2855

or shoot atveric132 a PM, his bikes are kick start and he can tell ya what ya need

Baracudaaa
05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
They make a kit, and you dont have to convert to carb. Yoshi will release there 2nd version of the kicker kit coming up shortly. It will require their updated PIM to use it though.

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-3432-1023-lt-r450-06-09-kick-start-kit.aspx

I use a heavy duty zip tye to give the battery box extra help, the big black zips that they use for air duct work. It has held up for over 2 years, and you cant even see it if you use the black ones.